A message from Syn Gates

Home Forums Community Forum A message from Syn Gates

This topic contains 27 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Zander Lowe Zander Lowe 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Master 888
    Master 888
    Participant

I agree with you Papa Gates. We must support for each other, so we will become guitar masters someday. 🙂

I myself feel really grateful for this website. Your tutorials are different, it’s better than the others. Thanks!

0 likes
    Twiggy Nameless
    Twiggy Nameless
    Participant

A very great message indeed. I hope we can all enjoy each other here and come together!
    I am very excited about being a part of this.
    Maybe even make more friends.

Thank you so much Papa Gates and Syn for creating this. Love from Sweden

0 likes
    Peter Mrozik
    Peter Mrozik
    Participant

I’m really glad that this community is already so supportive. I’ve been thinking of recording some videos and putting them up but was hesitant because of what I’ve seen on many YouTube videos. This place makes it feel safe to post things and hopefully we’ll all get some constructive criticism and useful tips that will help us all.

0 likes
    Kristy Bowman
    kristy bowman
    Participant

I am very glad that this site is here and caters to beginners as well as people who can really play. I am self taught and haven’t ever taken a lesson in my life. My husband has played since he was a kid and is a lot better than me. I can play a little but I have watched a lot of the uploaded videos on here and there is no way I can keep up with y’all!! I want to get there though. I have been looking through everything and everybody on here is extremely nice and very supportive. Music is a big part of my life and has gotten me through some of the darkest times imaginable. If it were not for you Syn, the rest of the guys of Avenged and all the other amazing artists who put out music for us to enjoy, I wouldn’t be here right now. Thank you so much for making this site so we can grow as a family of music lovers. I can’t wait to see what I learn and who I meet!!

0 likes
    Kris Bailey
    Kris Bailey
    Participant

Big thanks to Papa G & Syn G for making this happen.!! This is everything I could ever ask for in a guitar lesson site. Looking forward to learning & seeing what everyone else is bringing to the table. Let’s do this..!!

0 likes
    Alicia Willis
    Alicia Willis
    Participant

I’m so excited to watch the lessons and learn and maybe post some videos soon (scary thought) ! I’m sure most people are here for the right reasons and I’m so ecstatic this site has launched and we all have a place to go to share and support each other as we all have the same passion and desire to improve ! Thanks papa gates !

0 likes
    James Nessing
    James Nessing
    Participant

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for pouring this much effort into such a project. I’ve been excited about this since I heard about it in November and I’m so glad to be a part of it. I’ve always been afraid to share my work but I hope that a community like this will help me be more comfortable sharing. So here is to a great start for this community and lots of positive experiences for many years to come.

0 likes
    Cris Yancey
    Cris Yancey
    Participant

Thank you so much for creating this! And thank you for making this policy and enforcing it. Let’s make more music, this world needs it!

0 likes
    Mateo A.
    mateo a.
    Participant

Agree! At first, I was nervous to post because it’s understandably scary to put yourself out there when you are aware that you don’t play as well as you may like, but after seeing some positive and constructive comments to others, I realized that this is really a nice community for us to help each other. And I’d like to thank you and Syn for making such a community real!

0 likes
    João Jófili
    João Jófili
    Participant

Love Syn, man!

0 likes
    Josh Lachapelle
    Josh Lachapelle
    Participant

I really appreciate and respect the Community you guys are trying to build! Especially as a player who may be well rounded in Rhythm Guitar, but my Leads are definitely lacking xD I always feel a bit intimated by Lead players who can shred like crazy. Often feels like Lead players crap on Rhythm players.

It’s nice to see that you guys (Syn and PG) are treating all of us with so much respect! It feels good to be taught with patience and respect by players of your caliber and in humility. So I think I speak for many when I say THANK YOU!

0 likes
    Steven Huth
    Steven Huth
    Participant

I think it would be an awesome idea for people who are beginners to say that they are so the more advanced learners can go and comment on the beginners for encouragement and praise. The beginning can be tough, so the more encouragement we as a community could send their way would benefit them greatly. And this honestly can be applied on anyone who may be stuck at something, beginner all the way to advanced.

0 likes
    Zander Lowe
    Zander Lowe
    Participant

I’m glad they actually care enough about the community on here to bring attention to the fact some people can be mean for no reason and it just isn’t acceptable. It took me awhile to upload my first riff on my profile just because I don’t consider myself the best player and I was afraid I was gonna get all sorts of negative criticism and not constructive criticism, but that’s what we’re all here for right, is to learn and be better. I’m more than thankful to have such an amazing opportunity to pursue my passion for guitar and it couldn’t be a better experience without Syn Gates, Papa Gates and of course the whole community of fellow upcoming musicians on this website. Thank you all for all you do! Rock on everybody!

0 likes
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.