Better to have a sustainer pedal or a sustainiac pickup?

Home Forums Community Forum Better to have a sustainer pedal or a sustainiac pickup?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Romain Tassan
    Romain Tassan
    Participant

Hello there, I was just wondering if it was better to get a sustainer pedal or a guitar with sustainiac pickup. I really love the kind of things to can do by sustaining your notes like Guthrie Govan does on Drive Home (5:07)

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I feel like a sustainiac can Do more and is easier to use than a sustain pedal. However, getting a sustainiac in your guitar always seemed a bit of a Hassle to me and guitars with a sustainiac always seemed quite extensive. But you should probably figure out how moch money you want to spent on it

0 likes
    Joe Giumarello
    Joe Giumarello
    Participant

I love my sustaniac. I use it all the time! But I agree with Ids that they are expensive but if you wanted a new guitar and wanted a sustainiac, check the used market

0 likes
    Romain Tassan
    Romain Tassan
    Participant

Thanks for the answers! I’m not ready to buy another guitar so… it may be a stupid question but is it possible to buy sustainiac pickups and put them on my guitar? Not sure to know how it works

0 likes
    Joe Giumarello
    Joe Giumarello
    Participant

Yes but you’d have to drill your guitar for the switch and doing so you may crack the lacquer

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Your guitar needs to have a 9v battery compartment

0 likes
    Markus Nick
    Markus Nick
    Participant

Hey guys, can you tell my what a sustainiac or sustainer is and how it works? Never heard about that. Thanks

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Sustaniac is a pickup that can basically hold a note forever ( until the battery dies). You can play a note and it will hold it as long as you want it to.

0 likes
    Julian Barton
    Julian Barton
    Participant

Hey so I am buying eventually a guitar with a sustaniac probably within the next year should I forgo the 25 dollar sustain pedal or buy one so I have it for other guitars. I have been debating this.

0 likes
    Romain Tassan
    Romain Tassan
    Participant

I actually have a place for a 9V battery (I originally have a set of EMG 81+60). So I’ve been checking Seymour Duncan website quickly but I haven’t found any sustainiac pick up for sale?

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Sustainiac is its own Brand it is not own editie by seymour Duncan. You do alsop need the 9th batterij compartiment for your emg pickups dont you? Or did you already change them. Besides That you also need to have honest for the one of switch and the mode selecteren of the sustainiac. Then you need a way to connect the wires top the on off switch and the mode selector which basically means you need to creatieve a hallway(so to speak) in your guitar, which seems a bit of a Hassle

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.