Building Our Own Studio (HELP!)

Home Forums Community Forum Building Our Own Studio (HELP!)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Calvin Phillips Calvin Phillips 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

I’ve always mixed with headphones.

My mixing and recording has dramatically improved over the year and its simply from denial and error. Gotta do wrong to see how right goes. Ed has great advice too on how to control the db placements. The actual editing part I’m not 100% on but it may be better to hire someone to edit and mix.. etc.

I went from thinking the amp noise was what is get to lowering the mic until I heard no unwanted feedback. For anyone wanting to learn.. all I can say is give it a shot. Find out where you went wrong. Usually its literally mic level. You’ll see the improvements right away.

Hiroshi Nakauye
    Hiroshi Nakauye
    Participant

Reaper is great I like it a lot. Another thing is keep a look out for free plugins. native instruments has komplete free which has a ton of good free stuff. Also of you are going to use headphones to mix a lot buy extra 1/8 to 1/4 adapters. They seem to go missing at the worst time.

For a microphone reccomendation the audio technica at2050 is a great multi pattern option that will cover a bunch of applications.

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

Thank you all SO much for your help everyone! I haven’t had time yet to read over these responses but I’m subscribing to this forum topic. I downloaded Reaper and HOLY SHIT. THIS is what I’ve needed. The videos are so broken down and easy to understand. If if I have questions I’ll post them here. Thank you everyone!

Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Never could get reaper but from I understand its ideally audacity but laid out differently should be easy to figure out.

0 likes
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.