CAGED breakthrough!

Home Forums Community Forum CAGED breakthrough!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Calvin Phillips Calvin Phillips 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

You guys I couldn’t contain my excitement but to post it on a forum! I have loved this style of guitar since I was a little girl but I couldn’t even begin to wrap my head around the concept of starting to learn it. I have developed a new practice plan and it has been paying off big time! This is seriously the hardest style of guitar I have ever attempted as you have to really stay in the groove of things, and be very quick on your toes and it requires a lot of chord embellishments. I just wanted to be extremely happy about the progress on such a difficult style! I had been playing for about 2 hours and fucking up so much trying to find where the chords were and getting in the groove of things but once I did it was so much fun! I hope you guys enjoy it!! 🤩🤩🤩😸😸😸

0 likes
    Firsty Lasty
    Firsty Lasty
    Participant

Fluffy Kitty!

Honestly the whole CAGED thing is something I should to put more time into. I understand the system, but my natural instinct is still to stay planted in one spot most of the time.

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Everyone has a favourite spot. I find mine is around 9 to 12 frets. That’s my favourite position.

0 likes

Awesome Jak!! I’ll go get my poodle skirt and dance to your playing lol.

0 likes
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Keymaster

Nice! Listen to some Brian Setzer. Nobody does this style better than him. It’s all about feel. Gotta swing those 8th notes!

0 likes
    Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

This looks so difficult to do , especially keeping up with that groove. amazing

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

Thank you all so much!

Firsty Lasty – Yeah my cat was quite a character while recording this. There was one time where I randomly felt him flop on my foot and i looked down like “Wth was that?” I think we all have that knack to stay in one spot but man your world really opens up when you break down those other doors!

Calvin – That’s like my least favorite spot haha! I would say my most favorite spot is like 1st fret to 15th fret. Those smaller frets are a bitch to play on

Ailee – Right?! I’m glad it made you feel that way! I’ve always wanted to do a swing dance class before 🙂

Grandmaster Papa Gates – I LOVE Brian! That’s actually where I got into this style of music! My mom would listen to his stuff and eventually she bought me a CD! One of my goals is “Cat On A Hot Tin Roof” 😀 I’ll make sure to swing those 8th notes! That’s a big tip! Thank you 🙂

Sayonil – It is VERY difficult. I’m not going to sugar coat it. This little snippet was one of the hardest things I’ve ever played and the most challenging to come up with 🙂

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

That used to be my least favourite spot. But it’s starting to turn into my go to area when I’m in a jam.

0 likes
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.