Drop Pedals: Yes or No?

Home Forums Community Forum Drop Pedals: Yes or No?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Noah Berends Noah Berends 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elijah Wormsley
    Elijah Wormsley
    Participant

A few months back, I bought a DigiTech Drop. Best money I’ve spent in a long time. I love it, because it’s great for what I play (primarily Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Disturbed). My only beef is that there’s no way to achieve feedback while it’s engaged.

What are you all’s thoughts? Do you use drop pedals? Do you dislike them? Opinions?

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

I have 5 electrics, and I used to keep them all tuned differently to cover different ground, while jamming at home. Recently, talk of playing cover bands has come up, and variously tuned songs would be in the mix. Rather than bring all those guitars and no “hot spares,” I decided to try my hand at the drop pedal. I got it around Christmas, and while it’s not perfect or ideal, it’s really, really, good. I haven’t tried to get feedback, but it makes sense that it might not be possible with the changing frequencies essentially breaking the feedback loop. I was never reliant or interested in microphonic feedback though (except to AVOID it on stage), so I may not be a good source here.

0 likes
    Noah Berends
    Noah Berends
    Participant

I’ve used a Drop for a little over a year now, mainly because my primary guitar has a Floyd. I’ve never had issues with it, pinch harmonics work fine and I never need to generate feedback so I’ve never had any issues with it.

0 likes
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.