Ernie Ball

Home Forums Community Forum Ernie Ball

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Kristian Crosato Kristian Crosato 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Paul Bunyan
    Paul Bunyan
    Participant

Like ’em or love ’em?

0 likes
    Josh Lachapelle
    Josh Lachapelle
    Participant

Love em! They’re seriously the best strings ever. They’re quality strings that last forever and sound and feel great!

0 likes
    Alex Haysom
    Alex Haysom
    Participant

I use the Ernie Ball Cobalt 10-52. Definitely the best company going around.

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I never really like de them more than d’addario or anythint to be honest. At the moment I prefer elixir strings

0 likes
    Thalles Albert
    Thalle Albert
    Participant

Love em! No Doubts.

0 likes
    Tom Whaley
    Tom Whaley
    Participant

They’re my go to! Although I switch up the type sometimes… I’ve been comfortable with the skinny top / heavy bottom strings for a while. Great for down-tuning and keeping the integrity of your heavy tones in tact. My band had a song in Drop B for a while that sounded like farts until I put on those strings… now it punches exactly the way it should!

I’ve tried the Cobalt and M-Steel variations, and I’ve loved them, but they’re a little out of my price range for constant use. If we’re recording or doing something important, I’ll spring for the higher quality strings. If not, I’ll just roll with the $5 packs haha #ballinonabudget

0 likes
    Jeremy Baker
    Jeremy Baker
    Participant

Use em and love em. Regular Slinks for me. I have used hybrid before but the regs are my go to.

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

My experience with ernie ball strings is that the coated ones are great and last a long time but the regular ones get dirty pretty quick and start to rust. So I switched to elixir strings cause they have a long life and for some reason the music shop in my town stopped selling coated ernie ball strings so elixir is my only option.

0 likes
    Paul Eloff
    Paul Eloff
    Participant

Got my first beefy slinky’s 2 weeks ago. Amazing!

0 likes
    Laís Muniz
    Laís Muniz
    Participant

Use them for years and love them. Regular Slinky 10-46.

0 likes
    Julian Barton
    Julian Barton
    Participant

I am in love with them! The new paradigms are amazing I bought the skinny top heavy bottom ones because I love to play a 10 52 gauge and get that push back. They didn’t break and that was my favorite part had to replace them when I tried to pull the guitar up by the Floyd when I was messing around and ripped a string out. Didn’t really break them then even lol.

0 likes
    David Ruiztagle
    david ruiztagle
    Participant

EBs in normal gauges (10-46) tend to break on me on the E string.

I use NYXLs and GHs Gilmour (which are great for bends).

0 likes
    Douglas Lane
    Douglas Lane
    Participant

Not a fan of the strings, but I LOVE their guitars. I own a Majesty and a JP15, I can’t keep my hands off them

0 likes
    Justin Mcinnis
    Justin Mcinnis
    Participant

If I’m gigging a lot, I love them. Only because if I’m gigging a lot, I’m changing my strings a lot, regardless of they’re actual lifetime. I mostly use d’addario NYXL. They are My favorite strings but not worth replacing every 7 hours of playing or so, at 12 bucks a pack. For heavy gigging Ernie ball slinky 10s.

0 likes
    Nic Cullen
    Nic Cullen
    Participant

David, if the strings are breaking at a consistent spot on the same string, it sounds like it’s a problem with your guitar. Where is t breaking?

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.