~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

Home Forums Community Forum ~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by MNR SYN MNR SYN 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@Stefi – Great cover my mans!

@Hector – Very well done hermano!

@patrick – Job well done homie boy!

@Bartosz – 2 good songs and great covers!

@dan – Second Chance and Wah solos were great! I sense a bit of Zakk Wylde, am I right?

@Ekrem – Awesome solo cover!

@julie – Love the progression home girl!

@ailee – Solid first week! Keep rocking.

This is what happens when you’re late to the party. You have to say hi to everyone or else they don’t talk to you for the rest of the night. LOL. Or at least the parties I’ve gone too. ūüėČ

Thank you @Sayonil and @Ids ,I value your input!

You are very right Sayonil, there is not a lot of variation in my vibrato I need to work on a bigger motion.
    Ids, what do you mean with more aggressive vibrato? Faster, louder?

Thanks again guys!

0 likes

Thanks Juan! I hadn’t seen that post!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Faster/wider, just that it comes through a little more. Like dig in a bit more you can really vibrato like crazy every once in a while.

Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

If you are looking for tips on aggresive vibrato I always look to Zakk Wylde as he has some of the best vibrato out there. I also tend to use one finger or two on one fret so my hand is more perpendicular to the back of the neck and that helps with the rocking motion that gets wider vibrato.

I hope this helps!

Juan, yeah when I found that patch it opened up my playing and felt like it did years back when I used to play heavily like zakk.

Kim Vandenrijn
    Kim Vandenrijn
    Participant

Hello

Another song I am practicing :-). Here goes my 2nd video. And like I said…beginner still learning. Love fingerstyle. And I’m having fun. And that’s important to me. That playing and learning is fun !! Hope you all like it

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Oeh The Beatlesūüėć

I love it! Like the previous one, try to become more comfortable with the changes and you will be good!

Kim Vandenrijn
    Kim Vandenrijn
    Participant

@ Ids: Yes The Beatles. Love them :-). Thanks ok, I’ll do my best !

0 likes
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

@Bartosz Tkaczyk – Awesome cover of Waking the Demon!! My only advise would be check your intonation (make sure a D rings out in tune on the 12th fret as well as open) Or take down the chorus a bit, a little too much can make your guitar sound out of tune. I saw Bullet earlier this year and wanted to learn some of their stuff. It was funny, at the show I was actually trying to pay attention to them instead of mosh, but after getting thrown back into the pit 3 or 4 times I was like the hell with it I’ll mosh lol.

2nd Week of Progress.
    Before moving on to the rest of the lessons I wanted to really spend time on the major scale and get it into my system. To showcase this week’s progress I did an improv in C Major, focusing on creating cohesive melodic phrases or motifs.

EXTRA INFO, again you don’t have to read this, this are my “personal progress log” I just include them in case somebody finds them useful.

Lesson 6 has become an important part of daily my warm up, do not underestimate it! I really can’t stress enough how much it has helped me to get to know the neck.
    Last week I got feedback on my vibrato and bends, still a long way to go but I am practicing them. The goal is to put your heart & soul into every note you play, and those phrasing components express a great deal of a player’s personality.

Anonymous

Great job Ailee! I gotta get me a looper pedal now. I like the lick you did at around the 2:00 minute mark. I might have to steal that one day lol. Very good understanding of the C major scale and the fretboard. It’s good that you’re exploring the entire fretboard instead of staying in one position or “box”.

Vibratos were good in this one. As long as the vibrato fits the feel or vibe of what you’re doing, you should be ok.

Thanks Juan! Love looper pedals, they are fun and a great way to work on timing.
    Lol! Steal away my friend, my estate won’t press any charges!

And thanks, yes I’m trying to focus on one scale at a time, to really know it and know how to use it in a musical context. ūüôā

0 likes
    Julie Queslin
    Julie Queslin
    Participant

Hi Kim ! “Yesterday” is a great song. Fingerstyle is difficult so well done,it’s sounds good !ūüĎć
    I am just a beginner but if I can give you an advice, you should play with a metronome. It will help you for your changes ūüėČ

Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

@ailee Guerra Areizaga Your playing sounds very pretty! I’m late to the party, I do agree on the vibrato. I can record a video if you would like with examples of what the other guys are saying for vibrato and bending examples

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Awesome Ailee! I love how melodic it is! If you need any help on vibratos and bending just say so!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.