~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

Home Forums Community Forum ~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by MNR SYN MNR SYN 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Art Kalenda
    Art Kalenda
    Participant

Just warming up in C # Minor https://youtu.be/FUn3VueC1DA

Anonymous

@ailee – good to know lol

@kim – sorry I didn’t comment on yours. Must have slipped my mind. Great job on the Beatles song. My fingerpicking is right around where you’re at. One thing that has been helping me with my changes is practicing one change at a time. Once I hit the change perfectly 5 times in a row, I add the next change, and so on.

Anonymous

@Art – Awesome job! Wish I could warm up like that.

0 likes

Thank you guys! Absolutely! I’d love that video @kevin and I’d love to get your input/help as well @ids
    I really appreciate it!

0 likes

@kim You are doing really well! The one thing I would add to what the others have said is try to relax your pinky finger so it’s not sticking up. As a beginner this is a good time to do it so it doesn’t become a habit that you later have to work to break.

Kim Vandenrijn
    Kim Vandenrijn
    Participant

@julie Thanks ! Good tip, I will try.

@juan That’s ok :-). Good advice. Gonna try that out and see how it goes

@ Ailee Thank you ! yeah, that pinky :-). Gonna work on that too.

Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

@ailee Guerra Areizaga Here is a video hopefully clarifying some of the things that the other members were talking about and to anyone else that wants a bit of advise on bending and vibrato

I almost didn’t post this because it took me like 4 takes and I hate the way I look and sound on video. But the only way to overcome a fear is to do it!

Also, in the video I forgot to talk about sliding into vibrato. You can slide up to the fret and waver the sound. Just to add some more “flavor” to a note.

Thank you Kevin! Very kind of you to make that tutorial. 🙂
    You have nothing to worry about, everyone struggles with being on video or recordings at first, but you are right the way to get over that is to just keep doing it.

0 likes
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

You are very welcome. I was an event photographer, so I feel more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.

0 likes
    Julie Queslin
    Julie Queslin
    Participant

Hey guys !
    I made a short cover of “Hurt” (Johnny Cash). I’m a beginner so don’t hesitate to give me advices, it can help me so much.
    I hope you had a beautiful Christmas with your family ! I wish you a happy new year 😉

Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

I don’t know if a backing track i made can be counted as a riff. still I will post it here.

Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

@julie Queslin Nice cover!!! At the moment, I don’t have any advise except for keep going and keep practicing!!

@Sayonil Mitra Cool track. It reminds me of ‘Adam’s Song’ from Blink 182.

And I am closing in on posting a new cover. Should I put it here or create a new topic?

Julie Queslin
    Julie Queslin
    Participant

@kevin Kwasneski Thank you so much ! You can put your cover here 😉
    @Sayonil Mitra I really like the arpeggio !

Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

Better late than never I guess. Didn’t have this learned by Christmas, but only a week late. Everyone knows Carol of the Bells (Christmas Eve Sarajevo), so I wanted to play a few different ones, so I created a medley, so in order: Christmas Eve Sarajevo, (Clean intro), Boughs of Holly, Nutrocker, Siberian Sleigh Ride, Christmas Jam, and back to Christmas Eve Sarajevo.

Messed up a few parts, but overall satisfied with it. And I’m trying not to be too critical of my own playing.

Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

Thanks Kevin and Julie.
    Nice one Kevin. Also the guitar kinda matched with what you were wearing.Dope.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.