~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

Home Forums Community Forum ~*FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD YOUR RIFFS HERE!*~

This topic contains 118 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Dominik Gräber Dominik Gräber 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Julie Queslin
    Julie Queslin
    Participant

Welcome Arda ! This is a cool place for sharing your work 😊. Your covers are really great, love these songs, good job ! How long have you been playing guitar ? Love the sound of this one 👍

Arda Uslu
    Arda Uslu
    Participant

Thanks @Aileé for motivating words.Yes school is a great resource.Last year i was only studying on lessons in this site,not uploading anything.(I think i stopped looking when i was in middle of intermediate lessons).I got some useful,permanent things in my guitar playing toolbox.CAGED system lessons were nice.I studied on one of Syn’s Etude(It was a sweep picking etude,almost started with no idea about sweep and it only got better,still there is a hell of a long road in sweep picking for me,it needs a lot of practice and i need to find the right technique works on me which is hard).I remember when i came to Circle o Fifths lesson i got bored so much,didn’t get the point of lesson.Thank you @julie I firstly got my electric guitar when i was 13.Now I’m 23.But it didn’t go regularly.I’ve been playing for last 4-5 years more often.First riff that i tried to play was intro of Unholy Confessions when i got my guitar,as 13 years old.But i think i was playing it on standard tuning until i was 18 😀 So my story went this way.I’ve been dealing with M.I.A and Afterlife a lot lastly.When i have the time,i want to upload these too,and get feedbacks 🙂

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I apologize for not giving any feedback lately. I’m pretty busy with exams at the moment but in my break I did this.

Very nice Ids! Your vibrato is so lovely!
    Which reminds me, I still have to finish those lessons you did!

Julie Queslin
    Julie Queslin
    Participant

I really like this sweet ambience. Good luck for your exams Ids !

Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

To say I am ecstatic is an understatement.

I have wanted to be able to do 3 string sweeps and even if I can never play them again at least I have proof I can do it.

Sinister Gates School, second month of progress.

I watched lessons 11-19, and for the last few weeks I’ve been focusing on my rhythm hand. Rhythm and timing have been a bit of a challenge for me in the past, but I definitely have noticed considerable improvement over the course of the last couple years.

To showcase my work, I decided to share some of the rhythm exercises I practice with.

-Changing note values continuously aka. “Rhythmic modulation” (this can also be practiced while playing scales)
    -Skiping a beat of the rhythm
    -Accenting different beats of a given rhythm (this one still proves to be the most difficult)

Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Pgs gonna love your swinging wrist ailee lol

Thanks Calvin! 🙂

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

Ailee, that shit is KILLER and it’s gonna pay dividends for you big time in the long run. What an awesome idea!

Vanyo Nikolov
    Vanyo Nikolov
    Participant

Hello to all!
    I want to share this my new cover with you 🙂

Thank you very much Ed!

0 likes
    Jm Carpio
    Jm Carpio
    Participant

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPJIT1pqy8

Please bear with my strumming im so rusty
    Comment if there is any problems

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Jm Carpio Jm Carpio.
     0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

@Jm – your strumming is good. Nice, loose wrist, decent rhythm. One of your upper (thinner) strings is out of tune there. That, or you’re fretting some chords wrong – hard to tell from that angle. Those strings ends will put your dog’s eye out, if you have one. 😉

Yes Jm, wrist is relaxed. I agree with everything ED said. Watch lesson 11, it will be very helpful. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yes No