Finger roll help

Home Forums Community Forum Finger roll help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Billie M Billie M 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vagelis Karagiannis
    Vagelis Karagiannis
    Participant

Guys and girls do you have any advice on finger rolling because it causes me problems with songs I wanna learn

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Yeah finger rolling took me a long time to even remotely be able to do it. One thing which May work is check the way you bar chords because That May Be a factor.

0 likes
    Jake Young
    Jake Young
    Participant

It is a tricky thing to do! Lots of time and patience!! You could make yourself a little exercise where you start by isolating 2 strings and roll between them..then slowly work up to 3 and so on. I’d recommend too to check out “Sweep Picking 1 – Lesson 79” there’s some great exercises in there!

0 likes
    Vagelis Karagiannis
    Vagelis Karagiannis
    Participant

Thank you guys.I used to start practising 3 strings when had no experience at all but was difficult.As for my bar chords I think that the chord that I use a flat finger across 3 strings is the A shape bar chord

0 likes
    Billie M
    Billie M
    Participant

I don’t know if this might help. I don’t know anything about techniques so when I read your question I went on Youtube to hear what you were talking about and I think this is pretty similar to something I’ve been doing for a while. I’m really no expert.
    I uploaded 2 videos in the community riffs couple days ago, one where I show a little trick where you can just improvise with all of your strumming hand’s fingers and the other where I put it into practice (it’s pretty much a better example than the first one but there’s only audio). From what I heard on youtube it sounds like the technique you’re trying to learn but I might be wrong, I didn’t even know it was a technique but I’ll leave it here anyway:

Riff #1

Riff #2

0 likes
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.