Get Well Soon, M!

Home Forums Community Forum Get Well Soon, M!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Israel Stefanello Israel Stefanello 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

The last post by Avenged Sevenfold has me so sad. Not just because of what he’s going through but also because he feels like he needs to keep apologizing. He’s fought so hard to sing through it and it obviously took a toll on him.
    These guys have been touring almost nonstop forever. And a singer isn’t a robot.
    Poor guy. I know he’ll get through it but I still feel bad for him.

Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

I hear you. I was going to the Phoenix show with my singer. I get the apologies – there’s a lot of people let down, and a lot of people not getting paid as a result. It can’t be helped. The last livestream show, I knew there was something up – he’s never note-perfect, but he was struggling too much. I hoped it was just temporary wear, but I guess not. I can see why it weighs heavy on him – he feels like he’s letting everyone down, even though that’s just not the case.

I skipped the Metallica leg to wait for this. Oh well. There will be a next time.

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Yeah I feel sorry for him. I rather have him not singing for whatever time is necessary for him to recover than him doing permanent damage. I kinda just wanna give him a hug tbh

James Thomas
    James Thomas
    Participant

Poor M, he feels bad about it but it can’t be helped. I was stoked to see them again too but nothing can be done here, and I feel bad that Shads feels so bad, it makes me sad because you can tell how much it’s bugging him. We all love Shads, and he’ll be back to killing it in no time 😀

Daniel Sobota
    Daniel Sobota
    Participant

This really sucks. We love you Matt and we back you up 100%. Get well soon, buddy! ❤🤘

Elton Breaux
    Elton Breaux
    Participant

Just got the email about it. That sucks. Not because I wont get to meet them but for what shadows is going through. I’ll meet @syn another day lol. On the bright side I get $600 back for my 2 tickets lol

Eric Kane
    Eric Kane
    Participant

Get well soon M! I guess I won’t be hanging with Syn now, but that’s OK. More important for M to get well.

Steven Huth
    Steven Huth
    Participant

Get well soon Matt! No need to apologize for things that cannot be controlled. Life happens sometimes. We will all be here for when you get better. We appreciate you guys a ton and health will always come first.

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

I love the Deathbat family 🤗 A7X has the most amazing fans ever. Hail to the King 🤴🤴🤘🤘

Steven Huth
    Steven Huth
    Participant

The comment section on the band’s Facebook page is incredibility supportive of his decision to rest his voice. Makes me proud to be a part of this fan base as well.

Holly Lingle
    Holly Lingle
    Participant

Being a vocalist myself I can understand his pain. Singing while you’re sick is certainly difficult but can also be dangerous. I feel bad that he keeps trying to do more and more for the fans and ends up wearing himself thin. All of avenged 7fold does this, they deserve a break. . He is one of my most influencial singers of all time so he can rest as long as he wants as far as I’m concerned, as long as he doesn’t lose his voice permanently. I wish we all could just give him a big awesome hug and say get well! But I agree he shouldn’t apologize for something that is out of his control. Hes always apologizing and truthfully it’s quite sad. Just get well that’s all I wanna say to him, wish I could offer advice but I’m sure he has all the advice he needs. Hail to the King

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

Well said, Holly!

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

I hope when he recovers.. they end up just recording a new album over trying to tour again. I hope he takes this time to sit down maybe start writing some new material im his head so he can start out fresh again and paint those pictures

Daniel Sobota
    Daniel Sobota
    Participant

Calvin, there are talks around the A7X camp that they might start recording again really soon! I’m sure they’ll use this break to throw some riff ideas around. They’re always keeping themsleves busy, no way Matt is just gonna sit on his couch and wait for his voice to come back haha.

0 likes
    Julian Penz
    Julian Penz
    Participant

This is very sad! But I think Matt is gonna come back strong again! Get well soon, Matt!✌️✌️✌️

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.