Help with the M.I.A Solo

Home Forums Community Forum Help with the M.I.A Solo

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jaylen Owens Jaylen Owens 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jaylen Owens
    Jaylen Owens
    Participant

I can play the first couple runs of the M.I.A Solo which after that i start having trouble im also trying to learn by ear anyone got any tips or sources i might have missed when learning Its really kicking my Ass thanks SYN. 🙂

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Have you tried slowing it down on YouTube or something?

0 likes
    Jaylen Owens
    Jaylen Owens
    Participant

i actually havent tried that thanks ill try that:)

0 likes
    Christopher Lonski
    Christopher Lonski
    Participant

If you want a tab for that, I got you. I learned that solo when it first came out in 2005 by ear and have since revised the fingerings after I saw a video of syn playing it. I am 100% sure it’s accurate at this point.

Christopher Lonski
    Christopher Lonski
    Participant

Here it is in powertab format if you cave on not doing it by ear. I only changed the main solo part, this is otherwise transcribed by some other dude on ultimate guitar. Everything seems pretty accurate. The only part that isnt 100% is the last lick of the first solo before the harmony in the middle because Syn is just playing that old Kirk Hammett “Snake lick” which is just random notes going down the high E.

If you DO want to finish it by ear, and I highly recommend that you do to develop it more, I recommend downloading “Transcribe!” to slow it down. It also has other options like EQ settings to remove the low end so you can hear the solo better, or a “karaoke” setting to remove the lead vocals and solo so you can hear the rhythm parts better. That feature is great when its difficult to hear a rhythm part buried in the mix. You often hear parts that you never knew were there (“betrayed” is a good example of this)

MIA powertab- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kBRpOPN7mXxjK0AHYIYK3xAWPrPTUZPB

Jaylen Owens
    Jaylen Owens
    Participant

Thanks for all the help guys i try to learn songs by ear first and if i cant figure it out i watch videos then tabs im all over the place lol and the M.I.A solo is probably the hardest A7x solo in my opinion and thanks for the help again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.