HOMEWORK: Lessons 12 & 13

Home Forums Community Forum HOMEWORK: Lessons 12 & 13

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Calvin Phillips Calvin Phillips 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Rowan you’re effort doesnt go unnoticed I guarantee you Jak appreciates it. I’ll do my best to see how tomorrow goes i have to sit down and think through what I wanna doo

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

This is essentially my finished product.

Improv 24

Basically what I did was take e and em. As me verse. So I tried to go back and forth on e and e minor scales. Then i added in the arpeggios for good measure as I’m trying to get better there. The rhythm is very simple. Chorus is am em. So I can ideally stay in e minor scale. The 3rd feed i stayed in the arppegios.

The bridge and end was improvised so I dont know if I stuck in the scale or not but I went with what sounded good. That’s maybe the one area I’d try to improve on.

120 bpm

Thanks Calvin!
    I liked that heavy reverb tail on one of your leads, it added a lot of vibe and the tone was very cool.
    If I may make a suggestion, giving more structure to your melody lines would improve your composition.
    Melodies are like sentences in a paragraph, they need to be finite complete ideas.
    Your melody has a lot of repetition, and you can use that to your advantage by slightly changing the end of each phrase. This can also reinforce your arpeggios, as you could land on a different degree each time you finish the phrase. For example, end on the 3rd (unresolved note, yet still in the chord) and then end on the tonic for complete resolution.

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

As I play it again and again I’ll probably extend on the melodies. Right low I’m focusing on getting the melody down. Theres more then one time where my wrist doesnt wanna complete the melody in the 2nd verse as my fingers arent used to those positions. Once I feel more comfortable I’ll take the time to extend on where I wanna go.

The reverb is amazing I agree.. mxr reverb pedal was a great buy.

0 likes
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yes No