Honesty.

Home Forums Community Forum Honesty.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Billy Robertson
    Billy Robertson
    Participant

Kinda explains a lot thanks Ed next time I practice with it I will count threes instead of fours. I always just assumed I was having trouble being consistent with my count.

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Dude your improv was great. Everything came through pretty clean and your mistakes are disguised well. I make mistakes all the time. But you gotta push yourself to do things arent ready for. Like for me sweeping. It’s a working progress.

Only suggestion is try to get your whole body in the frame. As ed said.. vibratos are fun as hell. So are hammer on and pull offs. There were times where I felt a hammer on would be a great filler in this improv. I look forward to hearing more.

0 likes
    Billy Robertson
    Billy Robertson
    Participant

Thanks for the insite and feedback Calvin

0 likes
    Riku Lainpelto
    Riku Lainpelto
    Participant

I’d say, just DO IT! Eventually you get used to the camera. That was really hard for me to at the beginning. You can “practice” by recording every time you play. That’s actually a great thing to do even if you won’t publish it. That way you can keep track of your progress and watch for any mistakes you might make when you play! I wish I did that from the beginning..

0 likes
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Keymaster

Hey Billy!
    Great job! We are all a “work in progress”. We are all on the same path. Some of us are further along than others. I think you’ll find the better guitar players here are very encouraging. So feel free to ask for help and feel free to help others and pass along your breakthroughs.
    Cheers!
    PG

BTW – KILLER tone!!!

0 likes
    Billy Robertson
    Billy Robertson
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement everybody. And PG as far as my tone goes I think it has to do with those custom invaders. As for my amp it’s a Hughes & Kettner tubemeister 36 ran into a 4×12 cab that i split into two direct channels. i think it has 16 ohm speakers that i wired up into two channels of 8 ohms that was i can run my amp to one side and my cousin can run his amp into the other side and share a cab when we jam without any crossover. If anyone wants i can get pics of my rig and pedalboard. The only pedal I was using was a noise gate. I also custom made my own channel/effects loops/and reverb selector.

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I’m a little bit late to the party 😅

You did great! Loved the melodies you came up with! Just be a little mindful of your vibrato, that’s probably the only real feedback I have. Like papa Gates said your tone is great too! And I’m a firm believer that 70% of the tone is from the fingers so that’s great!

Nice backingtrack too, the beginning kinda reminds me of Acid Rain!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere.
     0 likes
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.