How did you get your first guitar?

Home Forums Community Forum How did you get your first guitar?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Supraja Vadlamani supraja vadlamani 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Mervin, my Craiglist guitar cost $140 (Canadian dollars) with a fender amp and a guitar stand! I thought it was a sweet deal but don’t know too much about guitars yet so it’s possible I was overcharged although I have no complaints whatsoever. She’s beautiful!

Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@dominik, that’s a pretty cool story 😀

Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Ids, wow those are two incredible outros. Any chance you have a recording for sidewinder that you don’t mind sharing? That spanish guitar always hits the sweet spot

0 likes
    Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Sayonil, it’s funny you say that because I grew up with guitars all around me and never once took the opportunity to learn it. The idea of learning it always seemed impenetrable to me until last year, when there was just this shift in thinking that I could actually learn it.

Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Ed, wow – that’s quite the story. Not just a story, but I’d like to call that a love affair with all of your guitars. Thank you for sharing that with us 🙂

0 likes
    Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Noah, thank you for sharing that! That’s a very meaningful story 🙂

0 likes
    Daniel Bernard
    Daniel Bernard
    Participant

I got a 120$ CAD guitar from a local music store for my 12th or 13th birthday. I despise that guitar haha I actually smashed it last month just to know what it feels like 😛 It was a Behringer Strat.

If you got a guitar thats playable, an amp and a stand for 140$ I think you really found a great deal! If it’s a clean amp you can always buy a cheap distortion pedal! 🙂

Ben Thorpe
    Ben Thorpe
    Participant

birthday present m8

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

@supraya It’s been a while since I played them so I would kinda have to relearn them tbh.

Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Well you tend to wear in your first guitar. So I didn’t want to throw a bunch of cash at something i wasnt sure I’d really enjoy. Once I started playing every day 2-3 hours at a time, I was ready. The REvenger was only 800 I think, the guitar sounds so much more. I still beat up that guitar tho, needed to go in for repairs a couple times lol. I take much better care of it now.

Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

@supraja….at least we are glad that that we, everyone picked up guitar and gathered in this forum. Let us know if you create some riff

Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

saw your first one @supraja…..could not comment there so saying it here. It was clean playing. Liked it. keep on posting more stuff

Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@daniel, haha I guess we both got decent deals then (even if you did end up smashing your guitar!)

0 likes
    Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@calvin, that’s fair. I wasn’t sure how well I’d fare at it either, hence the second-hand craigslist guitar!

0 likes
    Supraja Vadlamani
    supraja vadlamani
    Participant

@Sayonil, thanks so much man! I wonder why you were unable to comment on the video itself, but thanks for letting me know 🙂

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.