More questions about making a home studio

Home Forums Community Forum More questions about making a home studio

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Firsty Lasty Firsty Lasty 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

I downloaded the Emmissary distortion plugin and I’m using the Nadir cab with it and the distortion just soumds kinda blah. It sucks for rhythm playing the leads are ok but when I play rhythm and switch to the rhythm settings it just soumds like crap compared to my vox amp with the metal distortion. Do you think I got a bad plug in or do I need to mess with the settings more?

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

If you just want to direct into the DAW and shape your tone there, try this:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/guitar-rig-5-player/

The price is right, and it’s good quality.

Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

I’ll try that out. So will I have to have it set as a VST plugin in order to use it on my DAW?

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant
    Firsty Lasty
    Firsty Lasty
    Participant

I’ve never been able to get a sound I liked from the ignite emissary, and I’ve never heard anyone on youtube get a great sound from it either. LePou is the king of free amp sims, but even those require a lot of experimentation and experience to get great results.

Here’s a super lazy way to get bigger fatness from a mediocre or crappy vst setup: play one track bridge pickup and one identical track neck pickup, perfectly in time with each other of course, put them together and high pass it as hard as you need to so that the kick and bass have room. Is it gonna sound professional and awesome? Lol no. It’s just a trick I used in the past when I didn’t want to spend money or spend time learning anything about producing music.

0 likes
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.