My pinky is really out of shape

Home Forums Community Forum My pinky is really out of shape

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Matt Wildman Matt Wildman 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

I’m tired of it not working as well and as fast as the other 4 fingers. Any tips/exercises I can do to increase the coordination?

Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

3 fingers not 4 ha

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

I literally have exercises on my YouTube channel that I devised for the pinky specifically. There is one that starts at the beginning at the original hail to the king intro tutorial. And then there is another 1 that says finger exercises or something to that degree. A lot of people have wrote me telling me that it’s helped them tremendously! Hopefully it might help you 🙂

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Honestly, the best way to train your pinky in any way is to actually use it. Like if you have 2 frets in between 2 notes use your pointing finger and your pinky.

You won’t train your pinky unless you use it!

Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

That’s awesome Jak I’ll have to check that out! Thanks everyone!

0 likes
    Jackson Harsin
    Jackson Harsin
    Participant

Check out Syn’s Etudes Sweep Picking One and Legato 1, they will be a real workout and your forearm may be sore, don’t push it and injure yourself! I thought I had pretty decent pinky strength and they whipped my ass into shape real fast!

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

This is one. But Syn agreed that the first part of my original HTTK intro tutorial had really good ones. I’ve got to upload my full exercise tomorrow. 🤗🤗🤗

Matt Wildman
    Matt Wildman
    Participant

Awesome!

0 likes
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.