New guitar (help)!

Home Forums Community Forum New guitar (help)!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kwasneski Kevin Kwasneski 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elmeri Sillanpaa
    Elmeri Sillanpaa
    Participant

So I was thinking to buy a new guitar but I don’t know should I buy epiphone 1984 explorer this year or should I save up my money and buy schecter synyster gates standard. Right now I don’t have money but I will start saving so which one should be better?

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

That’s all personal taste. Not sure what your specific interest is in a 35 year old Epiphone, but if that’s your thing, that’s your thing.

0 likes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Participant

@ed my friend says that Synyster gates guitars are overpriced. He says that for what you get that their overpriced. Like the hardware you get with the guitar doesn’t make it worth that much and it’s overpriced. I was just interested in your stance. My opinion was before I bought my guitar, I was like Gibson is so much more expensive and Synyster’s guitar is cheaper so I’m being clever and saving money for the same/similar hardware. Btw I have two syn guitars, my friend kinda gives me stick about it lol

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

I hear you. Any artist signature guitar is going to have a price premium on it, moreso when it’s got custom inlays and paint, so the premium on the Syn models is for that, or with the new Black Moon, the limited release also adds value by virtue of scarcity or demand. Gibsons are all overpriced, but Epiphones aren’t as bad. Same with Fender (and Squier).

0 likes
    Radu-Cristian Perde
    Radu-Cristian Perde
    Participant

Well honestly, I wouldnt say that the Synyster Gates Custom S are overprice. Like at all. I work in a music store and to be honest, the synysters are pretty well priced. I just bought myself a schecter e-1 special that has a floyd rose 1500 and a sustainiac pickup. It has a lots of the same specs as the synyster and the price difference isnt that much. Schecter’s prices, regardless if its an artist series or one of their own, are pretty fairly done.

The first comparaison that comes to mind would be the ltd james hetfield. They are 1950$ (CAD) while an ltd with very similar specs are 1500$ or even less.

From what I can notice, Schecter is one of the best priced in the market in term of what youre buying. With Gibson, you pay a lot for the brands name for very okay guitar while you can have epiphones that play splendidly. Fender though are probably the best at price making. Literally, they have a guitar for almost every 100$ slate. Thats why they are in my store (at least) our best sellers.

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

My one guitar is 2 thousand dollars and it’s not even close to the syn custom. 300 alone for sustainiac pickup. 300 floyd rose. So there’s 600 alone. Basically a 3rd for 2 options.

0 likes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Participant

I’m now gonna try to argue with my friend about it hehehe

0 likes
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Kevin Kwasneski
    Participant

I’d say go to a guitar shop and try a ton of them and see what ones you like.

0 likes
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.