[Project] Let's make a song together!

Home Forums Community Forum [Project] Let's make a song together!

This topic contains 57 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Evan Cosman Evan Cosman 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

@Ids Schiere
    If you can find a Rocksmith guitar cable for sale nearby (I’m finding them through Facebook Marketplace for like $20) you can get some decent recording out of that. You just have to add effects through your computer

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I may just get one of those cables. Does anyone have some experience with Bias Fx STD and is it any good?

Because I’m thinking if I’m gonna get that cable I want to sound good and Bias Fx STD seems like a quality affordable option for that.

0 likes
    Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

Hell yeah dude! I have used bias for about a month now and it sounds absolutely amazing. The cloud is great for finding tones and there is lots of customisation available.

Alan Celis
    Alan Celis
    Participant

hey i would also like to play a part, but i dont have a recording software right now so, can i enter but with the audio of my phone? the things ive recorded on my profile has been with my phone

0 likes

Anonymous

I’d offer to join but I can barely play the intro to One so… Lol

0 likes
    Romain Tassan
    Romain Tassan
    Participant

Alan, the sound quality of your last videos seems good enough to me.
    Gabriel, your contribution would be really appreciated.

Thank you for your interest everyone!

Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

@Ids Before I had a sound card I pluged my guitar into a microphone jack and then I opened bias and I recorded the sound with a “sound recorder” that comes with windows. Quality is ok but it’s no where near the quality you get from a sound card. So I guess you could get away with it but the best option is the sound card.

0 likes
    Gabriel Corso
    Gabriel Corso
    Participant

Thanks @romain !

So just let us when it’s time to record!!

Take care buddy!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

With sound card you mean interface right?

I may go with an interface and wait another month to get bias

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Yes, sound card or audio interface are the same thing.

Yeah that might be a better option because there are a lot of free amp emulators that you can test out and record with your interface so you get the idea how it works.

0 likes
    Romain Tassan
    Romain Tassan
    Participant

Awaiting some other volunteers, I began composing the backing track. I guess I’ll let the time to some other people to see the post, and join in. Not sure how much time I’ll wait, between a few days and a week, something like that, I’m not in a rush at all.

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

So now I need some advice on which interface to get. I’m thinking either this one https://m.thomann.de/nl/focusrite_scarlett_2i2_2nd_gen.htm?o=11&search=1539613979 or this one https://m.thomann.de/nl/focusrite_scarlett_solo_2nd_gen.htm any opinions?

0 likes
    Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

I would recommend the solo as you are only recording guitar

Gabriel Corso
    Gabriel Corso
    Participant

I have a solo, it is more than ok for me.

It is more affordable as well.

I recommend it

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Both are great, 2i2 obviously has an extra input and probably some adjustements but both will work just fine. If you want to record 2 guitars at the same time for example with a friend then get 2i2 but if not solo will do you just fine. Go on youtube, there are probably some comparisons between the two. But make sure you have Windows and not Mac, if I’m not mistaking you have Mac right? Mac can’t have an USB interface, it needs a fireware interface. Google this :usb vs fireware interfaces” to understand whats it all about. I would post you links but I can’t right now.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.