Solo Trouble

Home Forums Community Forum Solo Trouble

This topic contains 237 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere 6 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

No i personally think people just misunderstood the purpose or are using it to get his attention on a post

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

While we’re at it, this is my #5 one ๐Ÿ™‚ it kind of got cut off on Instagram. But it focuses on the concept of NOT relying on tab books or sites, and instead equipping yourself with certain tools to progress your ear training to help you LEARN solos, and not just one, but many ๐Ÿ™‚ let’s keep it going!

Ids, really looking forward to your live feed tomorrow!

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Jak-I think you forgot to post the link to the video. I can’t see it๐Ÿ˜…

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

gahh!!! Crap ๐Ÿ˜‚

Rod Azeite
    Rod Azeite
    Participant

Jak- Thanks for bringing it back so quick, I realy thought this challenge had well and truly died. Btw, I didnโ€™t know thise tab books could be so wrong, I thought they were official! Real eye-opener for me.

Ids- The stage is set for you, my friend. Just a couple hours to go!

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

“Official” is still up to interpretation. The guitarist transcribing it is likely just deciding how he or she would most likely play the notes (or even how they sound) without doing exhaustive research into what was actually played. Syn’s style is a bit unorthodox, as his note choices are less linear than most guitar players. I mentioned in another thread that he played more like a piano player, and he said I was right about that.

I’ve bought a few of the A7X books over the years, and I always wind up going through some of the lead or melody parts with a pen to make them more palatable to my style, but I’m much less concerned with doing “exactly like Syn” and more about catching the notes and making it a little bit my own.

0 likes
    Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

I agree with Ed. Many guitarists who put out the tabs show how THEY would like to play the solo. Often that bias is unintentional but it happens. i used to go to sites like ultimate guitar etc but I am glad that I left them. It’s not bad to use but they should be avoided if someone wants to build the ears to detect notes in a solo.

Rod Azeite
    Rod Azeite
    Participant

Alrigh, thanks for the info you two!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Here’s my latest one. This one is kind of a more general tip about learning notes and not frets.

Rod Azeite
    Rod Azeite
    Participant

Thanks for the lesson Ids, I need to break that bad habit! Iโ€™ll try my best to post something tommorrow as well but that also involves brainstorming a bit to filter through my ideas for whats useful and what isnโ€™t so wish me luck XD

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Good luck with the brainstorming Rod!

0 likes
    Rod Azeite
    Rod Azeite
    Participant

Thanks!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I actually wanted to do a third reason in there which was it makes it easier to relate theory to what your doing but I did not have time for that unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

0 likes
    Rod Azeite
    Rod Azeite
    Participant

Oh boy do I know what that feels like. I have some 10 minutes of my vids of just not being able to fit evrything in and being rlly frustrated at myself

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Here’s my latest one.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.