Solo Trouble

Home Forums Community Forum Solo Trouble

This topic contains 234 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

My fretting hand is naturally at a 45 degree and it makes bending feel really natural as it follows the curve but this is incredibly useful and something that I have seen lots of people do wrong. Can be a bit of a pain with scales as stretching with your hand slanted can be awkward.

0 likes
    Dominik Gräber
    Dominik Gräber
    Participant

Awesome! I already told you on instagram but this is a really valuable tip for me so thanks for that.

0 likes
    Brandon Diemert
    Brandon Diemert
    Participant

I can’t even solo with this cheap guitar I’ve been playing guitar for 6 years and I’m at the point of giving up if I can’t efford a good guitar like I’ve had it

0 likes
    Brandon Diemert
    Brandon Diemert
    Participant

I rather have have someone be by me and teach then a video that doesn’t even help it makes you wanna break your guitar can’t do it sorry syn I just can’t

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

I have a question Brandon, how long have you been a student on the school?

0 likes
    Brandon Diemert
    Brandon Diemert
    Participant

Since it started

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

I looked on your profile and this is the only thing you have posted. You haven’t posted any riffs so perhaps we can see where your mistakes are. You also haven’t posted any forum topics asking for help. You just blatantly come out and say “the school isn’t helping”.

A teacher helps more than a website does because your teacher can see what you’re doing wrong. You also communicate with your teacher about when and what you’re struggling with. If you don’t talk, we don’t know. If you don’t post riffs, we can’t see what you’re doing wrong. It’s not the site, it’s your inactivity. The site has helped hundreds of students including myself, as they talk about it. But they also have improved because they’ve been active.

And John 5 shreds on a Hello Kitty guitar. I can understand it makes it frustrating. But Slash started on a one-string nylon. You do with what you have or invest a little money in making your setup better.

Going to be honest… it’s a little rude for you to tell Syn that his several- hundred thousand dollar and nearly decade-long dream to HELP YOU isn’t helping you when you haven’t even been proactive since it opened

Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Which video are you stuck on exactly.

Brandon Diemert
    Brandon Diemert
    Participant

alternate picking x ive tried in mediuem speed but I keep losing focus on it im trying to learn alternate picking a little better

0 likes
    Brandon Diemert
    Brandon Diemert
    Participant

ive been trying in 80 speed and I keep losing focus

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I hate to break it to you Brandon but Alternate picking X is a pretty difficult thing to play so maybe that one is just above your skill level.

Try to just start at the beginning of the school and move through the whole curriculum and be proactive. Show us what you can play and ask specific questions on something when you’re struggling with it. Participate in the homeworks when they are posted can also really help you too!

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Maybe you should start on beginners. I have been here a year and I havent touched the eludes. They dont really teach as much as those videos to. Think you are jumping the gun.

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

Brandon I would like to encourage you to do something. I had been playing guitar for 20 years when I joined the school and the most valuable information that actually helped me improve my picking technique and everything we’re in the 1st 30 lessons. There was so much that I hadn’t missed out on so I strongly encourage you to try it out. 🙂

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

You can also practice your alternate picking while doing the early lessons. I wouldnt say to really pay attention to them ALL. But atleast watch every episode once. And understand what pg is saying. The way he plays out the fretboard is something I’ve never seen before. It’s so good other companies are now trying to do the same lol. Fender has online lessons now when you buy their guitars. Just give them a shot. See what happens.

0 likes
    Firsty Lasty
    Firsty Lasty
    Participant

I took a quick look at alt picking x. That’s not an étude which requires a nice guitar. In current year, nearly any cheap guitar with a basic setup is ready for that challenge.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.