Solo Trouble

Home Forums Community Forum Solo Trouble

This topic contains 237 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Ids Schiere Ids Schiere 6 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Ben Grosskreuz
    Ben Grosskreuz
    Participant

By Ben does he mean me? I write a lot of music but haven’t really posted much if it ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I don’t know. I think there are multiple people called Ben in the school. So you can all make a video and it will be fine!

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

I think he’s talking about Ben Newton ๐Ÿ™‚

0 likes
    Jose Quinones
    jose quinones
    Participant

Wow these words are a truly inspiration to anyone thanks syn๐Ÿ‘Š

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

Here’s mine ๐Ÿ™‚ Something happened with my audio that I can’t figure out how to fix it. Also, the quality uploaded poorly to YouTube but not my instagram and I don’t know why. hopefully you guys like it ๐Ÿ™‚

Syn Gates
    Syn Gates
    Keymaster

Go Jak!! I love this! Also, feel free to do a couple if you have time or feel like you didnโ€™t cover enough ground(speaking to everyone, definitely felt like you filled the entire minute flawlessly Jak!!)

Oh and any Ben, or any Brian for that matter;), will do when it comes to sharing personal stories or ideas that have been crucial in shaping your playing. Remember the hashtag #teachingsyn like Jak did so I can find your videos on Instagram.

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I have my account on hidden on Instagram so I’m not sure you will see it if I do use the hashtag(I do have to admit that I have no idea how the Instagram hashtag algorithm thing works)

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

Thank you so much! I’m glad you gave the option to do more because it was extremely difficult to narrow everything down to one minute. I would definitely love to see all Bens and all Brians contribute๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ @ben I noticed you haven’t Uploaded anything since July so I would definitely love to see where you’re at now And what you can teach us ๐Ÿ™‚

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

@Ids Just try it so we can see. If you post that up I will search it and see if I can see the video. Let me know whenever you get posted so I can look for it ๐Ÿ™‚

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I like your video btw(I’m really tired so I skipped saying that). I Googled for a second I can out hashtags and tag people in my posts but unless you follow me you won’t see it ๐Ÿ˜…

I think you follow me so you will be able to see it on Instagram for sure.

I put my account on hidden btw because there were simply too many scam accounts trying to follow me and it started to piss me off a little.

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

It’s ok buddy ๐Ÿ˜Š yes I am following you! If Syn is ok with it, and so are you, maybe you can send me the video and I’ll post it up on my page with the hashtag

0 likes
    Syn Gates
    Syn Gates
    Keymaster

Hey Ids, I would strongly recommend that you try going public once more. If you hate it, then fuck it. I really want to build all of your followings and reputations as educators and influencers. The reason is… one of the very NEXT things I have planned for you, is to create a platform where people can purchase online lessons from each of you(if you’re interested). I really want to help the pillars(all levels from beginner to advanced) put some cash in their pocket for all of their dedication, hard work, and contribution. I will put a spotlight on the greatest contributors here of all levels with their rรฉsumรฉ and accomplishments like tutorial videos and progress for others to check out. I truly believe that beginners can take lessons from other beginners that have accomplished something cool like a difficult solo or song. The knowledge of “how to learn” is often overlooked but is THE most important aspect of learning. If this community can teach, inspire, AND, make people money, this place will be a game changer! So go build your following, continue to inspire, and hopefully, make a little money!

Much Love

Syn

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

If you don’t take money for this site, neither will I. You and your father gave me the greatest gift I desperately needed and it was free.

Syn, I want to tell you something and i’m sorry if this comes off weird but I mean it.

In LA I was sleeping on the floor with my singer. I had holes in my socks and my singer had to use her Metallica pin on her jacket to keep my sandal in tact. That’s how poor I was.
    I was hovered over a $10 Barbie radio I bought at Radio Shack because that’s all I had to learn licks and songs.
    The only guitar magazine I could afford was when my boss at Sound Arena bought them for me or my singer got them as Christmas presents.
    I tried getting lessons with a jazz guy because I saw everyone else improve but me. I couldn’t shred, so no one cared.
    As I saw my other peers with their endorsements, thousands of dollars of gear, MI tuitions paid for, it made me feel like I couldn’t improve because I couldn’t AFFORD to improve.
    Those lessons cost me half my food budget and I couldn’t continue. I’ve improved now in ways I never thought I could. For free.

You simply telling me, “I believe in you” and your tips and this entire school means more to me than money ever could. You’re my inspiration, and so I’ll gladly follow in your footsteps and give the gift of music to others the way you and your father did to me.

I appreciate it. But I don’t need it. It’s very thoughtful of you. And I won’t judge others who choose to do it. I’ll do it for free.
    Yours and PG’s support means more to me than any money ever could.

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Hey Syn,

Depending on how much time teaching people will cost me (I need to be able to Finish my complete (bachelor+master) Applied physics studies in the coming 3 years). As long as it is not interfering wit my applied physics studies You can really put all my lessons here for free(or you don’t and I’ll buy your pickups from that money๐Ÿ˜…)

I will put my Instagram on public again(or try anyway)

I live the idea but it seems a little unfair when everyone is making money from doing lessons except you and PG while it is your school!

0 likes
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Keymaster

@Ids I agree! The ONLY way I’d do it is if they took a cut of the money ๐Ÿ™‚

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.