Something feedback on my singing please

Home Forums Community Forum Something feedback on my singing please

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Stephanie Sypher Stephanie Sypher 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Firsty Lasty
    Firsty Lasty
    Participant

For my entertainment, maybe try playing and singing with earplugs in? Fair warning, I don’t know what result this will have. Maybe it’ll be a disaster lol. Hey, I just had an idea. Maybe I should help contribute to this school by making a video about how to wear earplugs properly, ‘cuz it seems like very few people understand it.

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Hahaha earplugs in while singing seems like a horrible idea. I won’t be able to hear my guitar and singing so it’s just gonna be a mess.

I think this one has better volume to guitar ratio than the last one. I’m definitely not M shadows but This is the only avenged song I think I can do somewhat decently

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

My voice has been a bit weird this week. Like it has all the weird cracks and random off pitch things a teenage boy has when his voice is in transition. Yes it also happens when I talk. I’ve been trying to sing Heart Of Life by John Mayer anyway. Any tips and tricks and feedback would be really great(yes I know some parts are off key)

0 likes

@FirstyLasty that’s an interesting point you bring, cause ideally a singer should learn by the sensation in the body (resonance, placement, open throat, support, etc.) and not just by what they hear. In many live scenarios singers are unable to hear themselves and have to rely on “how it feels” when they are singing and what they have trained their bodies to do. So what you suggest could actually be a powerful practice exercise.

0 likes

Ids the voice cracks are caused by a lack of support. Right now your throat is doing all the work that your diaphragm should be doing, this will also help your volume. I’ll try to film a video to explain in more depth.

By the way, I’m loving this thread and this idea. I’m gonna dust off the songs that I used to play and sing and embrace that more on the school cause we don’t have a lot of that. It ain’t always about shreddin’ lol!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Aah that video would be great!

0 likes

For sure! Let me see what my weekend looks like and I’ll film that ASAP.

0 likes
    Stephanie Sypher
    Stephanie Sypher
    Participant

Ok, so what I know from the guitar players in my life is that sometimes it is difficult to sing while playing because of the focus. What I can tell you as a singer is that to get optimum volume, you have to fill those lungs which is pretty difficult while sitting. Try to maybe record your guitar playing and then practice singing the song with the recording of you playing for a bit and then start playing while singing, but stand. Also, until you get used to hearing your recorded voice, it will sound odd to you, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad.😁

0 likes
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.