support the hand

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Ga -Up _down ga up down 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ga -Up _down
    ga up down
    Participant

Hi. when I play the up strings I do not support the hand on the guitar. this does not occur when I play the down strings, because I support my hand in the up strings. I feel a lack of safety in touching the up strings without support. Is this just a training question to get accustomed to or should I support?

sorry for my bed english.
    i started to play guitar since 2 weeks.

thank you!

Lewis Turner
    Lewis Turner
    Participant

Hi There!
    It’s all down to personal preference, but I’ve recently started using the pinky on my strumming hand to ‘anchor’ my hand to the guitar in order to give myself a bit More playing stability.

It’s not something that’s vital to your playing, but it’s helped me loads!

Hope this helps!

Lewis

Ga -Up _down
    ga up down
    Participant

hi. thank you for the answer!

I saw syn gates use pinky too and I started doing that too. this gives me some stability when I play down strings, but the up strings do not.

I’ll continue training.

thank you again!

0 likes
    Tyrone .
    Tyrone .
    Participant

You can always put your palm on the “down” strings when you are playing the higher ones. This really is all about personal preference, but I use my pinky to anchor when playing low strings and kind of switch over to anchoring my hand by the bridge when playing the higher ones- it helps mute unwanted noise too!

Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

I usually rest my palm on the strings which works great for all of the strings besides the low E string(thinking about it this is a bad habit). I would urge you to practice with a floating wrist/hand.

Ga -Up _down
    ga up down
    Participant

thank you all for the answer!

i was watching syn videos playing and other guitar players and I realized that I was picking very close to the guitar arm. they pick some 7 cm before me. i need to do this change now.

thank you for the tips!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yes No