Syn school collab

Home Forums Community Forum Syn school collab

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Jak Angelescu Jak Angelescu 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tim Mercer
    Tim Mercer
    Participant

Hey what if we did a guitar collab kinda like Jared dines did with all those guitar players but just for the syn school? Any input on something like this?

0 likes
    Dominik Gräber
    Dominik Gräber
    Participant

We tried that before. Always really hard to organize with all these people of different levels. Also many don’t have time or don’t deliver.

But it’s always worth a try!

0 likes
    Tim Mercer
    Tim Mercer
    Participant

Just send me some emails and I’ll write a minute long backing track…I just need a list if emails to send it too

0 likes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Andrew Fernandes
    Participant

im down

0 likes
    Kfir Yaakovi
    Kfir Yaakovi
    Participant

I’m done. Sounds amazing

0 likes
    Marlyn Voe
    Marlyn Voe
    Participant

I’m on it!

0 likes
    Marlyn Voe
    Marlyn Voe
    Participant

But I think it needs to be an easy song, bc there are here diferent levels of guitarrists. Or the beginners can do the rythimc part, and the advanceds can do the leads.

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

A simple progression in a common key – maybe just two chords, like a John Mayer verse :-). A 30 second loop for each person to solo over.

I think you’d have to limit entries to only the isolated track (stem) from a DAW, as opposed to a mixed track or in-room playing over the rhythm. Getting different version of the rhythm track would make mixing and unification really hard. I’d be down, and could also collect and mix.

0 likes
    Tim Mercer
    Tim Mercer
    Participant

I was gonna probably do a clean picking style background so people could play some riffs over it not necessarily play a solo unless they wanted too. But I think 30 to 45 seconds would be long enough for everyone.

0 likes
    Tim Mercer
    Tim Mercer
    Participant

Maybe something like this..this was a song I was working on but u put it on the back burner. Let me know if it would be a good backing track.

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

@tim this sounds fucking awesome holy shit!!! Please upload that to youtube because it’s really good 😀

0 likes
    Tim Mercer
    Tim Mercer
    Participant

Lol kinda makes me wanna finish as a song instead of using for a backing track

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

yeah to me this definitely sounds like a good song and i think it’s too good to be a backing track lol

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Filip Tomiša Filip Tomiša.
     0 likes
    Sayonil Mitra
    Sayonil Mitra
    Participant

it sounds dope Tim

0 likes
    Calvin Phillips
    Calvin Phillips
    Participant

Me and someone else just tried this a month ago. Made a track. 8 people said theyd do it. Once the track was made only one person asked which was the post starter. But no one else got involved. These never seem to work out. I have big doubt itll get finished but if you make the track I’ll play along.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.