What lessons would you like to see added?

Home Forums Community Forum What lessons would you like to see added?

This topic contains 82 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by Ian Stuart Ian Stuart 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Brian Haner Sr.
    Keymaster

Syn and I are working on some more videos and were wondering what you would like to see added to the site. From him, me, or both of us together.

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Gypsy Jazz would be nice! Also 8 finger tapping because That really blows my mind. Some songwriting tips like the structure of a song and stuff and how to build a guitar solo is also stuff That im not really good/experienced with.

0 likes
    Billie M
    Billie M
    Participant

I agree with Ids!! Gypsy Jazz lessons would be awesome! 😀

0 likes
    Donnie Keeney
    Donnie Keeney
    Participant

I would love some ear training exercises. Break it down on identifying intervals then chords, progressions, etc. That is an invaluable skill. A lesson on reading lead sheets and learning jazz standards would be invaluable and is something often overlooked by rock guitarists but will make them a much better musician.

0 likes
    Donnie Keeney
    Donnie Keeney
    Participant

Something I think the community would value too would be lessons breaking down songs, riffs and solos. Maybe some background into the writing process of that particular section. Syn tends to make some very interesting and intriguing note choices and a breakdown of specific licks and the rationale behind the note choices would be fascinating to me.

Christopher Lonski
    Christopher Lonski
    Participant

Harmony, chord progressions, voice leading. The deep theory stuff that gets YOU guys excited.

0 likes
    Billie M
    Billie M
    Participant

Oh and I would love one on how to do jazz chords. I really struggle learning that by myself.

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

Honestly there’s so much content here already that it would take a long time to figure out what’s missing, though I’m sure you’ll get some feedback from some folks on EXACTLY what they’ve been working on and were crushed when it wasn’t covered here.

Personally, I’m gonna get started diving into CAGED and seeing what it can do for my creativity. I expect that I’ve naturally assimilated the bulk of it over the years, but being able to tie it all together might be a nice “bow” on the gift.

Seriously can’t thank “the Brians” enough for doing this, and making it free. The amount of work and thought and cost that went into this is massive. That it’s entirely free for anyone and everyone is a game changer.

0 likes

Anonymous

Since I’m so new at guitar I think any kind of lesson would be okay.

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Ear training lessons would be great.

0 likes
    Richard O'connor
    Richard O’connor
    Participant

I have always struggled with how to set up my guitar. ie intonation, fret buzz.
    I think maybe a few lessons on that would be cool.
    I also second the gypsy jazz lessons that everyone else is keen on.

0 likes
    Robert Korcok
    Robert Korcok
    Participant

I would like to see videos with you two just playing together, tips on improvising and writing solos… and some Sevenfold solos in “SYN’S ETUDES” style would be awesome too.

0 likes
    Kelly Heinen
    Kelly Heinen
    Participant

I’d like to see more acoustic stuff. I see a lot of people learning on acoustic, so something for that would be good.

0 likes
    Ben Thorpe
    Ben Thorpe
    Participant

String bending and whammy bar techniques qould be nice 😀

0 likes
    Brandon Jones
    Brandon Jones
    Participant

Harmony style riffs and possibly a video or two on how to come up with a riff and such? I agree with Ids. Robert also has a good idea on you two collaborating together that’d be a cool video to see.

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.