your first guitar

Home Forums Community Forum your first guitar

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Elijah Wormsley Elijah Wormsley 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Hayley Frederick
    Hayley Frederick
    Participant

what was your first guitar & do you still play it?

—–

0 likes
    Joe Giumarello
    Joe Giumarello
    Participant

My first guitar was a maestro acoustic. It was a 3/4 scale and I got it on my 7th birthday. I don’t play it anymore. My first electric was my uncles fender Stratocaster in seafoam blue.

0 likes
    Markus Nick
    Markus Nick
    Participant

First acoustic was a cheap discounter guitar for 50 bucks.
    My first electric was an Ibanez Black Night Gio and YES I still play with that guitare <3

0 likes
    Pablo De Miguel
    Pablo De Miguel
    Participant

My firts uitar was a Cheap Clasic guitar that sound realy bad and i dont play it ,my first electris guitar was a les paul Daytona and I still play it

0 likes
    Billie M
    Billie M
    Participant

Mine was an Hondo classical guitar and yeah I still play with it. It’s not the best choice when I want to record something but when I feel like I’ve been running in circle for a while with my other guitar (an acoustic Art & Lutherie) I go back to this one for a while. It helps creatively since they don’t have the same feel or sound since they’re not the same kind of guitars either.

0 likes
    Ana Psuturi
    Ana Psuturi
    Participant

My first guitar was classical guitar Mega. And I still play with it sometimes.

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

My first guitar was a really shit €30 acoustic nylon string and I’llein never play it again. The last time I played it was like 5 year ago because i needed a nylon string guitar for a project where a compared the tension of steel strings and nylon strings and the reasons why they differ

0 likes
    Zé Marques
    Zé Marques
    Participant

First guitar was a classic guitar from an unknown brand. It still holds up past 8 years.

0 likes
    Alfie Friolo
    dev_alfie
    Participant

Takamine.

0 likes
    Filip Tomiša
    Filip Tomiša
    Participant

Mine was a bad cheap behringer strat that had no sustain, pickups were a mess, neck wasn’t straight and it didn’t stay in tune.

0 likes
    Dominik Gräber
    Dominik Gräber
    Participant

My first guitar was a white ibanez gio with tremolo 🙂 My girlfriend has confiscated it though haha

0 likes
    Dan Shipway
    Dan Shipway
    Participant

1/2 scale black strat with 1 single coil. I cant play it because it wont tune due to the scale. £30 so thats what to expect.

0 likes
    Hayley Frederick
    Hayley Frederick
    Participant

thats awesome guys, I was given my first guitar when i was about 9, it was nothing special it was like a 20$ guitar my sister bought me from walmart, but now that i have started this schooling my boyfriend was nice enough to give me his dean custom matte black and gold. I’m still trying to learn guitars haha.

0 likes
    Ed Seith
    Ed Seith
    Participant

1986 Ibanez PL1660 in pearl white. I think I paid $250 for it new. Ibanez “Pro Rock’r” trem and some kind of rail-based humbucking pickups. Great, comfortable guitar. I customized it to unrecognizability and when I bought my new 1990 RG550, I left the strings off it for six months and the neck warped. There was no internet, and I couldn’t get it straightened out, so in my youthful ignorance, I tossed it in a dumpster.

Yes, it was wrong. Yes, I regret it. No, I never bought a replacement, but I’d think about it.

0 likes
    Hayley Frederick
    Hayley Frederick
    Participant

@Ed, omg that hurt a little! I can feel your pain lol

0 likes
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.