Your First Week Challenge Is Here!

Home Forums Community Forum Your First Week Challenge Is Here!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Jak Angelescu Jak Angelescu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

Way to go Dominik! I watched it at already and I really liked a lot of the stuff that you did! The only question I have is that you said that it was an improv and I asked for the solo to be composed, as in written out and pre-planned. The reason why I am trying to steer people away from improvisation is that it’s a big habit here on the school and it’s a hell of a lot harder to focus and write something then it is to just wing it. I’m trying to encourage people to compose things so that they can play it live on Sunday and have something underneath their own belt forever that is theirs. If you did compose this, Then keep working on it so that you feel comfortable playing it live on Sunday if you can 🙂 mad props for you playing standing up! If it was something that you improvised, and you like it a lot, re learn it so that you have it as a solo under your belt.

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

@calvin That’s a great idea! If people forget to do it in their video, if they show up on Sunday I will call them out on it

0 likes
    Dominik Róg
    Dominik Róg
    Participant

@jak , it says “improv” in the title, because I didn’t spend more than half a day on it, although there were muuultiple versions of it… it’s written only in my head for now, so I better go and write it down 😀 it doesn’t say anywhere but it has “lick from another and ” as you wanted 😀 it’s from Whispers In The Dark by Skillet, but a bit slower than original and changed up so suits key/tuning 😀 oh, and thanks for kind review 😀

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

OK thank you so much for the clarification! I always take improvisations as meaning they just learned the chord progression and immediately played something. I’m glad this is something that you worked on because there are a lot of things in it I liked!

0 likes
    Ids Schiere
    Ids Schiere
    Participant

Tbh My solo was made up from improvisation in like 5 minutes and then play it over and over again for an hour to get all the details in the way I wanted it to be.

0 likes

Anonymous

Sure hope this works

0 likes

Anonymous

0 likes
    Anthony Peña
    Anthony Peña
    Participant

Hope the video shows up. Thank you!

Anthony Peña
    Anthony Peña
    Participant

C Major Scales

Thank you for the homework! I’ll try the Intermediate level next!

Jak Angelescu
    Jak Angelescu
    Participant

Smooth Anthony!! I look forward to your other videos!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yes No