Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

A proper introduction

Alex Cain

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, I've been posting some threads the and just started getting active over the last few weeks but never really introduced myself. My name is Alex, and I've been playing guitar for about 14 years. I went Musicians Institute and have my AA degree in Guitar and emphasis in Audio Engineering. I currently live in Los Angeles. I'm the owner of Papa Gates' Hellwin and also the Bogner amp used on multiple A7X Records. I also collect Tube Screamer style pedals. I have endorsements with Elixir Strings, Seymour Duncan, and KHDK Pedals. I've opened for bands such as Gemini Syndrome, Attila, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Escape The Fate, Nonpoint, Fozzy, Miss May I, New Years Day, and many more. I wrote a song that featured McKenna Haner and was used as an entrance theme for a wrestler on TV.

I've gotten to meet Avenged a few times at meet & greets and NAMM. I once got kicked out of backstage at an Avenged Sevenfold show twice in the same night (I had passes). That's a story for a different time though, thought it was worth mentioning lol.

I've been around the block a little bit and I joined this site mostly to share some of my insight to those that may need it and give back to those that want to learn. I appreciate what PG and Syn have built, but they can't be on here all day. I'm also using the site to brush up on some playing techniques as well.

I don't claim to be a professional at anything, but if ANY student of any age or skill level has questions about guitars, playing, amps, pedals, being in a band, recording, LA, school, shows, recording, songwriting, whatever I can help with, please don't hesitate to comment or message me whenever. I'm literally here to give information. Shoutout to PG and Syn, and everyone that has shown some love to my threads over the past few weeks.

Last edited:

Radu-Cristian Perde

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Montreal
Almost forgot to mention, the last 4 digits of my social security number is 6392 and my credit card number is 3063916247395628 exp 07/22 security pin 206
Shit ok, usually I have to break a leg or 2 before getting to that point but hey, never saying no to oppurtunities!

I want to hear those stories about you getting kicked out of their backstage though. :ROFLMAO:

All said and done, welcome man! Glad you are joining us and are willing to share your knowledge!

• Love
Reactions: Alex Cain
Synner Endless Summer Collection

carlosmqr

Music Theory Bragger
Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    Hey Alex "welcome", and thanks for the really interesting threads man!!

What about the story about being kicked out of backstage twice??? xD

Im guilty that I just listened to the song with McKenna, I had some Breaking Benjamin (wich I love) vibes at the time if I remember well! Need to give a listen to the rest of the songs!

• Love

Alex Cain

Nov 11, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    I want to hear those stories about you getting kicked out of their backstage though. :ROFLMAO:

What about the story about being kicked out of backstage twice??? xD
    It's honestly not that crazy of a story lol. Avenged was coming to my hometown area for the first time in 7 years since it's a secondary market, and Hellyeah was opening (Shepherd of Fire Tour 2014). I have a friend whose band is on the same label as Hellyeah, so I called in a favor to get some spots on the guest list. They left me 4 guest passes. The local venue staff never knows what the hell is going on so they let me and 3 other guests go backstage with our passes, like we assumed. There's also papers taped to the wall backstage that tells you which passes are allowed backstage (such as All Access, VIP, photo, guest etc) and it said guest passes were allowed. So we're standing there backstage and Avenged's own security guy comes up to us and asks us who we're there with and I told him the story. He then tells us that our passes don't allow us backstage and we had to go back in the crowd. So I did for a little, then I was like screw that. So I go back again, just hangin and minding my own business enjoying the show. Just as I started to see Zacky V walking around, their security came up to me again and told me to go back into the crowd or he'd take my pass lol. The rest of the show was sick as always.

IMG_9128.jpeg

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
    Staff member
    Nov 11, 2019
    Welcome, Alex! You are being quite modest. You have succeeded far more than most musicians. You just haven't made that "last step" to world-wide recognition yet - which I'm sure you will. All of the valuable knowledge and experience you are willing to share here will no doubt help the students immensely!
    Cheers!
    pg

Radu-Cristian Perde

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    It's honestly not that crazy of a story lol. Avenged was coming to my hometown area for the first time in 7 years since it's a secondary market, and Hellyeah was opening (Shepherd of Fire Tour 2014). I have a friend whose band is on the same label as Hellyeah, so I called in a favor to get some spots on the guest list. They left me 4 guest passes. The local venue staff never knows what the hell is going on so they let me and 3 other guests go backstage with our passes, like we assumed. There's also papers taped to the wall backstage that tells you which passes are allowed backstage (such as All Access, VIP, photo, guest etc) and it said guest passes were allowed. So we're standing there backstage and Avenged's own security guy comes up to us and asks us who we're there with and I told him the story. He then tells us that our passes don't allow us backstage and we had to go back in the crowd. So I did for a little, then I was like screw that. So I go back again, just hangin and minding my own business enjoying the show. Just as I started to see Zacky V walking around, their security came up to me again and told me to go back into the crowd or he'd take my pass lol. The rest of the show was sick as always.

View attachment 1140
    Yeah I was lowkey expecting something more dramtic! Oh well, still a great anecdote!

Alex Cain

Nov 11, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Welcome, Alex! You are being quite modest. You have succeeded far more than most musicians. You just haven't made that "last step" to world-wide recognition yet - which I'm sure you will. All of the valuable knowledge and experience you are willing to share here will no doubt help the students immensely!
    Cheers!
    pg
    I appreciate the kind words as always! Thank you for everything. I'll be known worldwide as the guy who didn't quite make it but gives advice on the Syn Gates forum lol. Happy to help out where I can

Radu-Cristian Perde

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I know what you mean lol. I would never go to their backstage area and be disrespectful and wild or anything or do anything crazy, that's their workplace
    Of course! You clearly have the vibe of someone who respects the boundaries set! It's still always fun to go backstage before or after a show because there is just something special about it

Radu-Cristian Perde

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Definitely! It tastes a little sweeter when you aren't supposed to be there too lol
    Hahahaha yes! I remember when I accidently ended up backstage at a ghost concert! And I really insist that it was an accident! I was just trying to find the exit and was walking in this huge stadium'hall and I just ended up literally behind the stage! It was pretty cool!

Search over 1 MILLION titles!