S

Alternate Picking Overview – Lesson 73

Lesson by: SynGates.com

SynGates.com

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2019
In this lesson we discuss alternate picking techniques and its importance to your playing.

Ezequiel Romanko

Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
i cant figure out how to move the pick yet, when im going at fast speeds like 110 bpm with sixteenths, i feel a loot of tension in my forearms and biceps, i don't know what im doing wrong, or maybe its because i don't have resistence to play at that speed yet

Dominik Graeber

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
Guitar Experience (years)
i cant figure out how to move the pick yet, when im going at fast speeds like 110 bpm with sixteenths, i feel a loot of tension in my forearms and biceps, i don't know what im doing wrong, or maybe its because i don't have resistence to play at that speed yet
It May be because you are trying too hard to Play at high speed. I have that a Lot and for me it usually means I have to Go Back and practice whatever it is slower First. I think once you gained that Speed, muscle memory and right movement you'll fly over the Strings with ease

Pieris

Mar 20, 2020
Guitar Experience (years)
Well my speed is really satisfying for me and i believe i play pretty fast but i think when i play fast i also move my forearm. For me this is not a problem but as he said it is not right but i dont know how to achieve the right techinch. Any help??

floul

Apr 27, 2020
I kind of have two ways for alternate picking:
1st: with my wrist, my palm sits in the bridge, my forearm is still. Most of my movement is with my wrist. I am not really fast wit this one
2nd: my palm does not sit on the bridge. It kind of brushes over it. Most of my movement comes from the forearm. I can get really fast with it but it doesnt feel relaxed or precise.

I don't think any of those two is correct technique. Do I need to combine them or even create a smooth transition?