Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

AXE FXIII vs. AXEFXII

Luke G

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys,

I know I haven't been active for years on this site, but I was interested in purchasing an AXE-FXIII, but the wait-list has been hella long. I entered the list in March and still have no recieved the product/ or any information about the availability. I was wondering if the AXE-FX-II was any different, since I don't know the technicalities on how amp modelers work.

Thanks guys,
Luke

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Newer tech is always better tech. The later AxeFX2 models did get an earlier III firmware, but there have been probably a dozen new firmware iterations since then, each making slight improvements to the overall amp modeling. A IIXL+ is still a staggeringly good modeler. I have and enjoy mine, and will do so for quite some years before I replace it.

The III just announced their Mk2 model, and that will be shipping shortly. As far as I know, there hasn't been a waitlist for the III for like a year, but if I were you, I'd go to the site and try to just buy one straight away and see what happens. The Mk2 has a few hardware upgrades but the modeling itself will remain identical to the base III.

Dollar for dollar, though, always better to buy the most current, if you have the means.