Beginner Guitar & Amp Recommendations

Brian Haner Sr.

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Guys (and Girls)
I’m getting a lot of requests to recommend inexpensive (but still playable) beginner practice amps & guitars. I’m partial to Squire Strats & Epiphone Les Pauls. Also Yamaha Acoustics. All of these are in the 200 dollar range. What are your thoughts?

Joe Giumarello

Nov 11, 2019
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Affinity-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-Pack-w-10G-Amplifier.gc
You usually can’t go wrong with the Squier Affinity pack to start off with or you can always shop used which may alternatively be better in price.

soren a

Nov 11, 2019
I personaly like the Jacksons or schecter both make nice guitars for pretty good quality btw hi and as for the amp i really like the yamaha thr series very nice amps with alot of settings and effects

Matt Wildman

Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Guitar Experience (years)
I have an epiphone lea Paul. I have noticed that these like to stay out of tune but they aren’t bad guitars. As for amps,I would recommend the vox vt20+ or any kind of vox amp is very high quality for a low price.

Nic Cullen

Nov 11, 2019
I gig with my Epiphone guitars. For the price, you get a whole lot of bang for your buck. 9/10 times I recommend them over Gibsons, unless you absolutely have to drop $2,000 on a guitar.

G

I also have an epiphone les paul. I grabbed the starter pack with the epi practice amp. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.
Hey Matt, it’s strange that your les paul tends to stay out of tune. I haven’t had any problems with mine.

Jake Young

Nov 11, 2019
I second Papa Gates! I also always recommend Kramer’s. I learned on a $69. Kramer..and 18 years later I still enjoy that guitar! For amps you can’t go wrong with a Line 6 I believe they start at around $100. Even their top of the line models won’t break the bank. You can get pretty awesome tones for all genres with built in effects for not a whole lot of money!

Kelly Heinen

Nov 11, 2019
Definitely watching this thread. Can’t get anything this year, probably, but if I get through the beginner stuff, will be trying for next year.

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Guitar Experience (years)
I still play through a Roland cube and for practicing Its fine art de it is alsokay Pretty affordabLe. As for guitars a lot of guitar branches have a side branche like epiphone, Squier and Esperanto. Also Ibanez and schecter sell some Pretty affordable guitars and nice the have a name to uphold in always have faisal That those will be decent guitars.

Tristan Martinek

Nov 11, 2019
Don’t forget to take a look to second hand guitars, lot of great deals ! 😉
My EX-50 is brand new 400€ worth, and I got it for 300€ with 81/85 mounted in already.
And my Schecter Synyster Special was a second hand too, 600€ with the case 😉

John Mlg

Nov 11, 2019
Yo!
For me the best brand ever for beginner to intermediate is Cort by far. I loved every Cort i played on (4 different guitars) and would advice them to any new player. As for amp, a small Roland Kirk Hammet signature is pretty cool or the usual Line 6 does the work and it’s pretty fun to play with the effects when you begin. You’re welcome 🙂