• Site Changes Coming Tuesday

Learn more We have a ton of really exciting updates coming to the site on Tuesday, so keep an eye out for them! During our updates, the site will briefly be down.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Best webcam for recording?

Iris

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good webcam to record my guitar? The ones I'm finding say they are background noise canceling which makes me think it might not pick up my guitar well. Using my phone was fine except when I run my metronome app while recording the camera picks up the metronome and my guitar can barely be heard over it.

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    It's as much the pc as it is the camera. I got a 4k cam and it was no better on screen. So if your pc sucks get a camera that will allow you to record and send the video over after. Then mix the audio in. Its harder since you have to sync it but unless your pc is super fast probably will struggle like I did.

iridecently

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    The way I used to do it is have a microphone near my amp and use my phone for video using the Droidcam app. You are probably better off buying a decent microphone (of headset with a microphone), because webcams are simply not made to have great audio and tend to be aimed towards recording speech rather than music.