Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Buzz from neck pickup

Laur Trandafir

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    www.youtube.com
    Hey guys, I have a Schecter Syn Custom-S and when I switch to the neck pickup or the middle, I get some buzzing which is noticeable. It doesn't happen on the bridge pickup. Any way I can solve this at home? Or should I take it to a luthier? Thank you all!

William Byerley

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Nether World
    It might need some minor adjustments, I don't know how to do it. It could be the screw where the neck connects to the body or some screws by the bridge. I don't remember the right words to search for, I've only tried it like 2 times. I think it's a simple task, just a little scary to do.

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    If the buzzing doesn't happen on the bridge pickup it could be a pickup issue. Have you tried replacing the battery of the sustainiac?

Reactions: Muz Malek

Muz Malek

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Hey guys, I have a Schecter Syn Custom-S and when I switch to the neck pickup or the middle, I get some buzzing which is noticeable. It doesn't happen on the bridge pickup. Any way I can solve this at home? Or should I take it to a luthier? Thank you all!
    Hi theeeere!

If there's no buzzing on your bridge pickup but there is on the neck pickup, it likely means your selector switch needs to get checked :) You may try to spray a dab of WD40 or any contact spray into the switch gap and flick it back & forth a few times, plug in your guitar and try again.

Source: Experience. Asides from playing guitar, I have my own little business servicing guitars at home :) Do send it to your local guitar shop to get it checked/replaced if the above doesn't work!

Cheers! :rock-hand:

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Reactions: William Byerley