Cold Hands

Richard O'connor

Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
Does anyone else suffer from cold hands and struggle to warm them up? Being from the ever miserable UK, the weather isn’t always the best. In fact, its shit….all day…every day. This winter especially i’ve really struggled to warm up my hands and get them moving again even with warm up routines.

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. Queen Cat of this school.
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
This thread is hilarious due to the fact I use to live in Alaska and visited Finland, so I um, can kind of relate lol!!! To be honest what I use to do was run my hands under hot water in the bathroom sink and stretch them out underneath the water. Also, this may sound kind of odd but consume “heating” foods like cayenne pepper, hot beverages or jalapenos. There’s a chemical called capsaicin in spicy peppers that help dilate the blood vessels and get the blood flowing through the body and can help with cold hands and feet.

Josh Wright

Nov 11, 2019
Being in Texas, one would think I would struggle with this, but my hands are always ice. I just honestly keep them moving and it seems to do the trick.

Sven Barnitzki

Nov 11, 2019
Germany
Stretching fingers and doing a warm up by playing chromatic scales downwards and upwards is helping keep them fingers warming up.

Noah Berends

Nov 11, 2019
Michigan native here. Cold enough for our state to be shaped like a glove. Anyways, I usually use a Dunlop finger exerciser to warm up my fingers if they’re cold. Or sometimes I’ll go old school and sit on my hand.

Julian Barton

Nov 11, 2019
I like to just kinda play some stuff and if my hands still don’t warm up I will either rub them together or stick them in my back pockets for a hot minute (no pun intended) that usually does the trick.

Daniel Bernard

Nov 11, 2019
I make a coffee and hold the mug in my hands while drinking it xD
I also like stretches (like to do yoga too) before playing. Watch ”Yoga for musicians” by Yoga with Adrienne… Bunch of easy and quick finger, wrist, shoulder and neck stretches. You dont have to to the whole routine just isolate the stretches, that what I did and man the blood flows in my arms (and hands) after 3-4 mins.