Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Composition Challenge

Gabriel Perez

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    How cool would it be if every week we started a poll and got a backing track of a certain song. Like we did the backing track to Buried Alive and composed our own melodies or solos and shared them with everyone else to exchange ideas? And help with composition ideas?

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    This already basically happens. Refer to the improv challenge. People tend to choose backtracks of songs.

Gabriel Perez

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    Yeah you're right. Kinda forgot about that 😅 I guess my idea was more that we'd write it out and if people wanted to we could send links so that they can learn our personal versions as well giving people the opportunity to learn about writing melodies and song structure

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Writing a solo is multiple Improvisations made into 1. You take your best stuff and put it together. You also can write it out on paper before even playing it out. That would probably help you do things like.. different scales for each lick. Maybe do a Dorian run and mix a quick sweep or two. Run the penatonic for lulz. Etc.

It takes me about a day just to get the solo melody down. And then another day to sit down and figure out exactly what I want to do. Sometimes i allow the improv side of me to take over.. if I dont like what I do I go back and do it again. For every section and bar.. make it all fit.

Reactions: Gabriel Perez