• Win! name syn's amp and win one free

BECOME A LEGEND LEARN MORE
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Digital Effects

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there,
I am currently studying music and just started to learn about digital effects, and I was curious about learning more about them, since they were something that I have not really tried in the past. I just wanted to know what people have tried/tested and if it has affected how they write/play?
Thanks in advance

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I love effects that create a lot of feedback. Makes it a lot more fun to play simple notes sometimes, or add that extra buzz to the ending. Good way to build up a song or finish it.. I guess it just adds to your creativity.

Ids Schiere

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
I kinda like effects that make my guitar like it is not a guitar. It diffinetely influences my writing when I use certain effects(not sure how though). I’ve used delay, reverb, wah,
Univibe, phaser, chorus, flanger and tremolo. I kinda like all of them

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I love wah, chorus. My two favourite for sure. Phaser is neat too, kind of like wah. Even more fun to mix them all, I think my most used is definitely chorus. Adds a bit of a crack into some notes I guess you could say. Add a bit of delay and its magic.

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah, it’s definitely interesting how can change your sound. I find it amazing how you can take the sound of a guitar and transform into something completely different with a few pedals. I was learning today about MIDI instruments and how they change to something completely different instruments, like a guitar playing like a piano, I am not sure 100% it worked but I found the topic interesting none the less.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I can see that happening with todays technology. I mean, if you can make a computerized amp, you can take a guitar and make it a piano. Altho, I have no idea why you’d want to simulate a piano when you could play it and enjoy the instrument. Im looking into buying one myself. There’s a few songs I wanna learn.

Noah Berends

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Fort Wayne, IN
My earliest influence was Herman Li so I like a lot of those modulated and processing sounds once in a while, I’m also a big Buckethead fan so some of those odd sounds once in a while come out.

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I can’t say that I would want to simulate a piano but it is definitely interesting how you can do it. Those are definitely two players that make some interesting noises.

Tyler Koch

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Definitely a big fan of modulation, chorus and phaser are my two favorite. I recently got a Boss MD-500 though and it has just about everything you need so I’ve been playing with that a ton.

Search over 1 MILLION titles!