• Van Halen Tribute Contest!

Show us your Van Halen tributes! It can be rhythm or lead. Winner will be given 3 months of a Legendary membership FREE
    Deadline: October 24th

JOIN THE CONTEST
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

EDDIE VAN HALEN TRIBUTE CONTEST ANNOUNCED!

Salman AlKh

Music Theory Bragger
Legend
  • Nov 19, 2019
    Bahrain
    ****POST YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. DO NOT POST INSTAGRAM VIDEOS OR I WILL CHARGE YOU A FEE OF 5 CHOCOLATE BARS FROM ITALY AND A BOX OF RESCUE KITTENS****
    I need to respect @Jak Angelescu so much for saying this AHAHAHA, I'm still dying of laughter

• Haha
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Dominik Gräber

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.youtube.com
    ****POST YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. DO NOT POST INSTAGRAM VIDEOS OR I WILL CHARGE YOU A FEE OF 5 CHOCOLATE BARS FROM ITALY AND A BOX OF RESCUE KITTENS****
    I need to respect @Jak Angelescu so much for saying this AHAHAHA, I'm still dying of laughter
    But you have asked her about the Contest on Instagram already, right? Cause you should

• Haha
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

VizualSwami

Music Theory Bragger
    Legend
    Sep 28, 2020
    Vermont

I made this video a couple of day ago. Cathedral has always been one my favorite solo guitar pieces by Eddie. I love the simplistic way he used the delay for accompaniment. He was the greatest innovator on the guitar ever! RIP
    This is sick! If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get this effect? Is it just delay? And what is your right hand doing? Awesome cover dude!

Andy Schultz

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Whidbey Island, Wa, US
    www.youtube.com
    This is sick! If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get this effect? Is it just delay? And what is your right hand doing? Awesome cover dude!
    Yes, it's a delay with a single repeat at about 390 milliseconds. Hammer on all the notes with the volume knob swells. There's plenty of videos of Eddie playing it live.

Reactions: William Byerley

Romain Tassan

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Lille, France
    www.instagram.com
    I made this tribute before I heard about the contest but here it is!
    This one means a lot to me. EVH was the guy who inspired me to become a lead guitarist and never quit. He's the one who made me fall in love with the instrument 14 years ago, my very first musical inspiration (he still is...). I was fucking 10 at the time and was discovering what music actually was. I remember hearing Eruption's tapping for the first time and thinking "This can't be just one guitar, I think there are 3 or 4" haha. I can't explain with words what Eddie did for me as a muscian... I have so many clear memories of me trying to learn his solos and watching his lives on youtube. Ice Cream Man's solo is probably my fav. More than Eruption? I think so.

Last edited:
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!