• Van Halen Tribute Contest!

Show us your Van Halen tributes! It can be rhythm or lead. Winner will be given 3 months of a Legendary membership FREE
    Deadline: October 24th

JOIN THE CONTEST
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. I Run This Joint
Staff member
Legend
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Kansas City, MO

Andy Schultz

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Whidbey Island, Wa, US
    www.youtube.com
    @Andy Schultz That sounded like a synthesizer of something, never saw that before! I'll for sure want to try that! Crazy Technique, I imagined Tom Morello and Turntables combined with Guitar, so not Keytar, but Turntar or something
    That sound is actually pretty easy to get. All you need is a delay and a volume knob! Set the delay so the feedback is at the lowest setting. Put the mix at 50%, and the delay time around 390 milliseconds. Doesn't have to be exact, the lower the setting the faster the tempo will be.
    Be sure to check out the original version from Van Halen's Diver Down.

Reactions: William Byerley

William Byerley

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Outworld
    soundcloud.com
    @Andy Schultz I think I can try it with my GarageBand, tomorrow during the day. Thanks for the tips, I hope to remember and can apply it. EVH sound is HUGE. I thought his guitar was named Frankenstein Monster? <3 I have a feeling the live show was amazing and very memorable. I was listening to the intro on Pretty Woman last few days and it's crazy how the nightmarish sounds turn into a desperate plea for love. That's how it sounds to me, I think he was an emotional guy. I tried 2 riffs/licks, one sounded distorted like tumbling down a rabbit hole, not sure if he couldn't finish it and got stuck in his head. The other was a nursery rhyme or something and sounds to me like he played it from the perspective of a child.
    Sorry my mind wanders, kept changing what I wrote

Jesse Salmons

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    @Andy Schultz I think I can try it with my GarageBand, tomorrow during the day. Thanks for the tips, I hope to remember and can apply it. EVH sound is HUGE. I thought his guitar was named Frankenstein Monster? <3 I have a feeling the live show was amazing and very memorable. I was listening to the intro on Pretty Woman last few days and it's crazy how the nightmarish sounds turn into a desperate plea for love. That's how it sounds to me, I think he was an emotional guy. I tried 2 riffs/licks, one sounded distorted like tumbling down a rabbit hole, not sure if he couldn't finish it and got stuck in his head. The other was a nursery rhyme or something and sounds to me like he played it from the perspective of a child.
    Sorry my mind wanders, kept changing what I wrote
    Funfact: his guitar is called the frankenstrat, but he didnt use it live in recent years he used his EVH wolfgang as his signature guitars. They’re really nice guitars!

Reactions: William Byerley
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!