• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Etude challenge

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm a little drunk right now but I just had an idea.

Can we do like an etude challenge?

Where we challenge each other to work on one of Syn's etudes?

Reactions: Jacques

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
Supporter
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes! Where do we start? Name one for me and I will work on it relentlessly! I can't guarantee it will be as speedy as the master himself, but I'll give it everything I got!

Reactions: Ids Schiere

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Yes! Where do we start? Name one for me and I will work on it relentlessly! I can't guarantee it will be as speedy as the master himself, but I'll give it everything I got!
    Awesome! Let me think of one tomorrow morning when I'm sober(hungover). Which techniques do you already know?

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
    Supporter
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Awesome! Let me think of one tomorrow morning when I'm sober(hungover). Which techniques do you already know?

I know tapping, alternate picking, and some very shaky legato (three note per string pull offs are a huge challenge for me). I have not tried sweep picking or economy picking but I am willing to try! Enjoy and cheers! :ROFLMAO:🍾🍹🍻

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think a lesson in general will generate more beginner interest. With the etude being the ultimate challenge. I havent tried a single one. But I may start doing some pentatonic ones. I would do pgs blues ones.. but I can't lie I enjoy seeing what I can come up with. Some of the stuff that comes on the spot blows me away.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It depends. Like does it have to be the etude. Or can it be a lesson in general?
    I figured an etude would be fun, I don't think you can really do a challenge with the lessons because soloing using a scale is already in the solo challenge and with the others I don't really know what the challenge would look like

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I know tapping, alternate picking, and some very shaky legato (three note per string pull offs are a huge challenge for me). I have not tried sweep picking or economy picking but I am willing to try! Enjoy and cheers! :ROFLMAO:🍾🍹🍻
    Legato I seems like a good exercise for you then 😅

• Love
    Reactions: Autumn

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Its also pretty intimidating. To each his own. I could spend time on the etude but honestly theres so much info wise I havent touched so I'd rather stay that route.

The penatonics are just things I dont jave memorized yet.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I personally don't think it's a good Challenge. I mean, If I wanted to try an etude I'd Just do it. And then a great amount of Players Here would Not be able to deliver in reasonable time. I couldn't

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I personally don't think it's a good Challenge. I mean, If I wanted to try an etude I'd Just do it. And then a great amount of Players Here would Not be able to deliver in reasonable time. I couldn't
    I feel like if you wanted to play it you can just do it counts for any challenge we do. In the end the idea of a challenge for me is to be brought out of my comfort zone a little bit. It doesn't always have to be that you can learn it within a day or a week for that matter. If it takes a month to get down that's fine too. Maybe this particular challenge is more aimed towards the more technically advanced players but I feel like beginners could take a look at the etudes too but just not play them at warp speed like Syn does.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    You've also been learning the theory part much longer then I have you're at a point where you probably dont need to think about what scale you wanna choose I'm still making choices on the fly and still trying to push limits in lessons.. speed isnt a concern for me so the etudes are kind of pointless. I'm more interested in how the numbers line up and getting my positions down in different ways I haven't tried yet. Maybe in a few months I'll try to do some of the etudes but well see. I forget about them a lot too. Lol