🕷EXPERIENCING BUGS/ HAVE SUGGESTIONS? LET US KNOW HERE!!!🕷

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. Queen Cat of this school.
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Hey everyone! We were expecting to have some hiccups right out of the gate. And some of you have voiced them in many ways. I've kept track as best as I could but because I currently have to dig through many parts of the site to find them, it gets hard.
If you run into a bug feel free to post it here!!

Last edited:

Dominik Graeber

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
Just in case you need them here, that is what I know:

- a small bug prevents you from searching specific members on the mobile Site
- one Person can't access lesson videos on the mobile site
- some people have trouble reseting their passwort after the new Site launched

On the improvement Site:
- having some more Forum categories in the future would be great
- it might be neat to have a way to see Riffs of every section at once

Hope that helps a little with collecting current troublemakers. If Not... Sorry🤷 😂

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
I made a gypsy jazz album in my profile which should be public. However, it seems that you have to choose between having media in your album or upload it to the riff section. It would be nice if it would be able to select whether you want media to be just in an album or riff section but also that you can choose it to be visible in both.

Reactions: Anthony Peña

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I made a gypsy jazz album in my profile which should be public. However, it seems that you have to choose between having media in your album or upload it to the riff section. It would be nice if it would be able to select whether you want media to be just in an album or riff section but also that you can choose it to be visible in both.
The way that it is currently set up is that you can have an advanced privacy setting to where it is able to be seen by everyone, it just won't show up. They have to go to your page to see it. Right now we are trying to get it till where when somebody posts a status, a riff or they upload a riff album those people who follow them will get a notification about it. I totally see what you are saying though and I will put that in the suggestion for the team! For now what you can do is you can take a screenshot of your album and upload the photo in the jazz section and let everybody know that you have created an album :)

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
The way that it is currently set up is that you can have an advanced privacy setting to where it is able to be seen by everyone, it just won't show up. They have to go to your page to see it. Right now we are trying to get it till where when somebody posts a status, a riff or they upload a riff album those people who follow them will get a notification about it. I totally see what you are saying though and I will put that in the suggestion for the team! For now what you can do is you can take a screenshot of your album and upload the photo in the jazz section and let everybody know that you have created an album :)
That's a good suggestion! I just did that

cruzer

Nov 26, 2019
Ohio
I have tried getting the jam tracks to work in both Firefox and Edge (just to try another browser. I refuse to use Chrome if I don't have to) this evening to no avail. Tried the D major backing track on the CAGED C shape video (Lesson 24) and the Am track in the pentatonic scale overview video (Lesson 20). Worked fine last night. Is this just me or is anyone else having issues?

Dominik Graeber

Nov 11, 2019
Saarland
I think I found another tiny Bug. Kinda the Same as the member search one.

If I try to Update my Status on the mobile Site at the Forum page it doesn't let me Open my Keyboard to write.
It works fine If I access the Status Box on my Profile.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
There's something weird going on with the riff section. When I'm watching a riff in the riff section, I can access the drop down menu with the lessons and forum etc. but not press anything. However when I go to notifications I can press things and go to the lessons and forum from there.

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
There are a couple of lessons in the advanced section where the discussion thread isn't available. I wanted to comment on the phrygian dominant lessons(that it's apparently also called mixolydian b9b13) but I couldn't because the comments are disabled or something

The Raven

Nov 11, 2019
I've had issues with changing custom avatar. While on some aspects of the site it's updated to show my glorious middle finger, others are still the Plague Doctor art I ripped off google.

Lindsey

Nov 16, 2019
The Netherlands
I made a practice sheet I want to share with other members, but PDF and Tux/pro guitar files can't be uploaded. Is there a way to share these anyway?

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I made a practice sheet I want to share with other members, but PDF and Tux/pro guitar files can't be uploaded. Is there a way to share these anyway?
Upload to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and share the link? That's how I am planning on sharing some of my Katana patches.......I really need to get around to that. Tomorrow perhaps.

Reactions: Lindsey

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I thought of doing that but don't know if those links are allowed?
I did ask Jak via PM but haven't neard anything back yet, but after reading the T&C's I think it should be ok so long as it doesn't contravene the below.......

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

Lindsey

Nov 16, 2019
The Netherlands
I did ask Jak via PM but haven't neard anything back yet, but after reading the T&C's I think it should be ok so long as it doesn't contravene the below.......

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Jak Angelescu

Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I'm really sorry I didn't respond Adin. I saw your message but Syn and Patrick have been on hiatus and this is something that I don't have much knowledge or power in. I saw your message but got busy and it slipped my mind. Perhaps you could write Syn directly and hopefully you'll get the answer you need 🙂

Adin Shepherd

Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I'm really sorry I didn't respond Adin. I saw your message but Syn and Patrick have been on hiatus and this is something that I don't have much knowledge or power in. I saw your message but got busy and it slipped my mind. Perhaps you could write Syn directly and hopefully you'll get the answer you need 🙂
All good Jak, I know you have been very busy of late and had your own things going on not to mention it being the holidays. Will run it by the boss, thanks (y)

Edit - Just heard back from Syn, no issues with Katana patch file sharing. I'll get something started today or tomorrow.

Last edited: