Favourite A7X song at the moment for y'all?

Jacques

Nov 29, 2019
IL
Guitar Experience (years)
"The Wicked End" came on shuffle today, and I was taken in all over again. The fucking batshit arrangement on that song, and Matt's overlaid vocals and ALL THE MELODIES and shit, working together. Goddamn. No pun intended.
Yess!!!! I also share a deep passion for this one! (As if i dont love every song from them lol) The freaking sweeps in this solo are insane, and so pleasing to the ears! Blows my mind how you can pack so many notes in one run and still sound so audible and articulate!

Side note: If you jump over to "Intro to Sweep picking" Sweep picking 4 - lesson 82 Papa Gates mentions "The Wicked End" and explains the motive behind the madness!! https://syngates.com/lessons/sweep-picking-4-lesson-82.82/

Jacques

Nov 29, 2019
IL
I'm always bouncing around from album to album with Avenged, all over really, kind of depends on the mood I suppose. At the moment two of their songs have been getting a lot more plays among the rest of their work.

Lost - Self Titled ---> *Love the dueling guitars along with the super melodic outro solo*
Higher - The Stage ---> *Guitar usually always wins me over first on a song but the drumming on this one is fucking NASTY good!!!!*

Steven Bellah

Nov 11, 2019
Fort Worth Tx
I'm always bouncing around from album to album with Avenged, all over really, kind of depends on the mood I suppose. At the moment two of their songs have been getting a lot more plays among the rest of their work.

Lost - Self Titled ---> *Love the dueling guitars along with the super melodic outro solo*
Higher - The Stage ---> *Guitar usually always wins me over first on a song but the drumming on this one is fucking NASTY good!!!!*
I love the drums and bass at the end of Higher.

Steven Bellah

Nov 11, 2019
Fort Worth Tx
Yes sir!!! Even the choir at the end gives ya all the feels! Its usually around that part of the song I am like.....yup just going to hit replay here, no biggie!
Yea for sure, that was my favorite track off of the album for awhile. It's still a close second to The Stage, that song is just too much of a masterpiece.

• Love
Reactions: Jacques
Nov 11, 2019
Not Ready To Die has been stuck in my head all day. The music on that track captures me everytime I hear it and I zone out and just listen deep

Anna Gufler

Nov 11, 2019
Österreich
I've been addicted to WTF again lately, with my favorite being 'Desecrate Through Reverance'. It's hard to say why it stands out to me so much, but I'm putting it down to the outro. Always gives me chills when I listen to it. Lyrics are spot on, too.

Moonrunner

Nov 11, 2019
Galicia
twitter.com
Broptom Cocktail, I just LOVE the heavy groove it has. Self-titled has been my favorite album from avenged sevenfold so far.
If not, i would say Strength of the world from city of evil. that orquestra's fucking awesome

Lea Marcel

Nov 11, 2019
London, UK
Burn it Down, especially the solo at the beginning; same thing with Betrayed. I just feel badass listening to these songs with headphones :)