Get Well Soon, M!

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. Queen Cat of this school.
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
The last post by Avenged Sevenfold has me so sad. Not just because of what he’s going through but also because he feels like he needs to keep apologizing. He’s fought so hard to sing through it and it obviously took a toll on him.
These guys have been touring almost nonstop forever. And a singer isn’t a robot.
Poor guy. I know he’ll get through it but I still feel bad for him.

Ed Seith

Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
I hear you. I was going to the Phoenix show with my singer. I get the apologies – there’s a lot of people let down, and a lot of people not getting paid as a result. It can’t be helped. The last livestream show, I knew there was something up – he’s never note-perfect, but he was struggling too much. I hoped it was just temporary wear, but I guess not. I can see why it weighs heavy on him – he feels like he’s letting everyone down, even though that’s just not the case.
I skipped the Metallica leg to wait for this. Oh well. There will be a next time.

Ids Schiere

Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
www.facebook.com
Yeah I feel sorry for him. I rather have him not singing for whatever time is necessary for him to recover than him doing permanent damage. I kinda just wanna give him a hug tbh

James Thomas

Nov 11, 2019
Gilroy, California
www.revivalrecs.com
Poor M, he feels bad about it but it can’t be helped. I was stoked to see them again too but nothing can be done here, and I feel bad that Shads feels so bad, it makes me sad because you can tell how much it’s bugging him. We all love Shads, and he’ll be back to killing it in no time 😀

Elton Breaux

Nov 11, 2019
Just got the email about it. That sucks. Not because I wont get to meet them but for what shadows is going through. I’ll meet @syn another day lol. On the bright side I get $600 back for my 2 tickets lol

Eric Kane

Nov 11, 2019
Get well soon M! I guess I won’t be hanging with Syn now, but that’s OK. More important for M to get well.

Steven Huth

Nov 11, 2019
Get well soon Matt! No need to apologize for things that cannot be controlled. Life happens sometimes. We will all be here for when you get better. We appreciate you guys a ton and health will always come first.

Steven Huth

Nov 11, 2019
The comment section on the band’s Facebook page is incredibility supportive of his decision to rest his voice. Makes me proud to be a part of this fan base as well.

Holly Lingle

Nov 11, 2019
Being a vocalist myself I can understand his pain. Singing while you’re sick is certainly difficult but can also be dangerous. I feel bad that he keeps trying to do more and more for the fans and ends up wearing himself thin. All of avenged 7fold does this, they deserve a break. . He is one of my most influencial singers of all time so he can rest as long as he wants as far as I’m concerned, as long as he doesn’t lose his voice permanently. I wish we all could just give him a big awesome hug and say get well! But I agree he shouldn’t apologize for something that is out of his control. Hes always apologizing and truthfully it’s quite sad. Just get well that’s all I wanna say to him, wish I could offer advice but I’m sure he has all the advice he needs. Hail to the King

Daniel Sobota

Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Calvin, there are talks around the A7X camp that they might start recording again really soon! I’m sure they’ll use this break to throw some riff ideas around. They’re always keeping themsleves busy, no way Matt is just gonna sit on his couch and wait for his voice to come back haha.

Julian Penz

Nov 11, 2019
This is very sad! But I think Matt is gonna come back strong again! Get well soon, Matt!✌✌✌
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela

John Goodman

Nov 11, 2019
Extremely saddened by the news 🙁 saw them in Jacksonville for the “Rockville” festival… He told us fans after the first song that his voice was hurting him but he would sing for as long as he could.. He did and we had an amazing show.. Cannot wait for him to get better. Not just for the tour dates but because he’s been hurting and trying his best for so long.. We love you Matt.

Thomas Lovell

Nov 11, 2019
Get well M, and a happy belated Syn. Looking forward to the next tour. Enjoy the downtime with your family. Personally I work 60 hrs per week and know how hard it is to devote your time across many responsibilities. Please enjoy your family, time flies. Cheers Syn

Thomas Lovell

Nov 11, 2019
Get well M, and a happy belated Syn. Looking forward to the next tour. Enjoy the downtime with your family. Personally I work 60 hrs per week and know how hard it is to devote your time across many responsibilities. Please enjoy your family, time flies. Cheers Syn