• Win! name syn's amp and win one free

BECOME A LEGEND LEARN MORE
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

GIANT Blister on finger ! What to do ?!?

Alicia Willis

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    Straight to the point, I have a MASSIVE blister on my fingertip, like big and fluid filled and it’s so painful I can’t even play a single note. I’ve never had one this big or painful before (but I know it’s my own damn fault for doing too much)

I can’t play anything but desperately want to. Should I pop the sucker ? My medical background obviously tells me “NO!!!!!” Lol

But, not being able to play sucks.

so, what do you guys do in this situation?

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    This happened to me recently, and it sucks! I eventually popped it and then had to build my finger callus back up through playing on a really tender feeling fingertip (it was pretty horrible haha) Maybe do a bandage like Ids said :giggle:

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Augusta, GA
    This happened to me recently, and it sucks! I eventually popped it and then had to build my finger callus back up through playing on a really tender feeling fingertip (it was pretty horrible haha) Maybe do a bandage like Ids said :giggle:
    Maybe I’ll try a a bandage without popping. It’s so big I’m afraid if I do pop it, it’ll be worse and possibly get infected. Thanks man !

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Radu-Cristian Perde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I had this happen to my right plucking hand when I was building up my bass chops. I highly advise to NOT pop them and just let them heal. Its going to annoy you for a few days though the pain will go away (at least, it did for me) and after that I never had any issues with callus or anything since then! So see it as a short term pain for a long time with no pain!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I've never had blisters on my fingers. I don't even know how it's possible for people to get them.

This sounds like a good opportunity to practice with a slide, if you have one.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Search over 1 MILLION titles!