• Syn and Papa Gates stream coming soon!

click here to learn more It's happening. Private stream May 5th 1:00 CDT.
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

help with fingers stretch

Rute Rodrigues

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    Do you warm up? Sometimes if you don't warm up and start doing hard things, sometimes you can feel some pain I guess. Try to play some exercises before you start practising, and when when you feel your fingers warmed there you go.

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Aaron Aldous

Free Bird Player
    Often with fretting hand injuries/issues such as tendon based tension and overexertion , a primary cause can be overspending on the fingers to manage fretting, stretching/squeezing (less than one finger per fret, an Am shape is a good example of this particular hand position) and position changing without considering other biomechanics options that we have available.

Try using the thumb of the fretting hand as a pivot point for movement from the elbow and wrist. Use these moments whilst minimising the amount of movement generated from the finger joints to guide the fretting hand fingers into their desired positions.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Satchel: I can reach from the third fret all the way to the twentieth, but, you know, I'm not going to do it right now because I'm not warmed up.

• Haha
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Perhaps move the position up the neck a little to where the stretch is still a challenge but doesn't cause any pain, slowly working your way back down, fret by fret, to the origibal position over time.