Heretic is the most Megadeth A7X song, fight me

TreSavedge

Nov 25, 2019
St Louis, MO
The Riffs are Mustaine/Petrelli like on "Dread and the Fugitive Mind". And the solo has a bit of Marty/Broderick/Kiko in it while of course being the one and only Syn.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Jak Angelescu

Guitarist for Unknown. I Run This Joint
Staff member
Sep 24, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Guitar Experience (years)
The Riffs are Mustaine/Petrelli like on "Dread and the Fugitive Mind". And the solo has a bit of Marty/Broderick/Kiko in it while of course being the one and only Syn.
I'm not familiar enough with megadeth to answer but I'll fight you anyway👊👊

TreSavedge

Nov 25, 2019
St Louis, MO
I'm not familiar enough with megadeth to answer but I'll fight you anyway👊👊
I wouldn't bet against you. So Marty and Syn are definitely the 2 guitarists I listen to the most and it's funny how Heretic ends up being my favorite song on that album. I remember it being so when I first heard the album and then upon attentively listening again multiple times in recent days it is still my favorite song on the album. I thought it sounded like an A7X/Megadeth mashing of styles. Then I listened to a few reviews of it on YouTube tonight including one by CoverKillerNation who does tons of metal reviews. And the reviewers were saying "this sounds like a Megadeth song". So I suppose it's not just my ears.

Edward John

Nov 11, 2019
UK
Nickelback more like, Chad Kroeger's riffs destroy A7X and Megadeth. I wont fight you, but I will tell you that you've got something in your mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: TreSavedge