How accurate is Songsterr for tabs?

Ben Thorpe

Nov 11, 2019
I’ve been wondering this for a while. I recently looked up the Songsterr tabs for the Unholy Confessions riff, and the tabs it displayed were different to how Zacky plays it. Whilst he plays it by palm muting on the low D string, the Songsterr tabs display it as a series of hammer-ons and pull-offs on the A string. Does anybody know how accurate Songsterr’s tabs actually are, and if there are more accurate Tab websites available?

Ed Seith

Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
If you can clearly see what the ACTUAL ARTIST is doing, that will ALWAYS be more accurate. Tabs are only as good as the person creating them. Some are amazing, some make you wonder if the person transcribing can actually hear things. If the tab seems wrong, it very well might be.
In the case of Unholy Confessions’ main riff, it’s palm muted on the D and almost every note is picked.

Sayonil Mitra

Nov 11, 2019
Based on the songs I have used, Songsterr was more accurate than Ultimate guitar.

Dan Shipway

Nov 11, 2019
The advantage of using songsterr is that you can hear the tab so if the tab was wrong you would know.

Alan Celis

Nov 11, 2019
songsterr is good for the chords of a song, because it has a play along tablature. for the solos id prefer to see live footage/covers on youtube and figure out the parts

D K

Nov 11, 2019
Belgium
From my experience tabs are never 100% accurate, including Songsterr. I just figure out everything by ear and use songsterr, live videos and guitar covers to compare.

Calvin Phillips

Nov 11, 2019
cambridge ontario
www.reverbnation.com
Best way i think is use the tabs to figure out the rhythm scale.. and the solo will show itself through the scale from the rhythm parts of the song. Many solos also can be played in different areas of the fretboard so even live can be different then studio. Once you know the scale i feel the solo will definitely become obvious to you

John aaron

Nov 11, 2019
Its pretty darn accurate. Sometimes the strings might be wrong but the notes are still right. I’ve only come across 1 note problem before which was on seek and destroy solo. I had the tab book and they didn’t agree so I emailed them about it.

Riku Lainpelto

Nov 11, 2019
Finland
Well, I prefer the ultimate quitar as there is usually many versions to choose from and the ones which have higher ratings seems to be pretty accurate most of the time.

Bartosz Tkaczyk

Nov 11, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I think the best option to learn songs is to look for tabs on Songsterr/Ultimate Guitar, watch or listen to artist who made the song or just check by your ear if it sounds correct. Connect it all and you should do well.

Ben Grosskreuz

Nov 11, 2019
Songster is decent (gets you close) and its nice you can play along in time with it.
As far as perfecting tab, get the audio from songs, bring it to audacity and slow it down! Best way to do it as well as watching them play it online if possible.

Kim La

Nov 11, 2019
I use Songsterr and I like it, because you can play along. What I use a lot is the option to play it in like 70% and then go on to 100%, and the option to play same part over and over again. Its not always 100% accurate, but those other things make me use it a lot