How much A7X do you listen to?!

William Byerley

Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
Guitar Experience (years)
When I listen to there music it's always personal. I'm always alone doing it. I don't listen to them everyday, every week or sometimes months, but when I do, I really try and listen.
When I was first hearing fast loud music like the City of Evil album it was a bit difficult for me to stay on it, kind of like drinking beer. I didn't understand it, it was too fast for me.
I remember hearing Slipknot for example with Wait and Bleed, it was hard for me to listen to, till he started singing. I've for sure heard a7x albums less than a 1000 times each except for maybe Waking the Fallen (I had the album and played it everyday in my car). The music is a lot for me to take in and digest, I really feel it all and it plays with my emotions indirectly.
I like all the different styles of songs these guys make and think they are really amazing. Am I a bad Stan for not bumping them daily? PS. I don't have friends in real life who enjoy my music taste.

GO!

Reactions: Fatiha Zeghir

Ed Seith

Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
When City of Evil, Nightmare, and The Stage came out, they were about all I listened to for a solid year each. Maybe 2-3 for City of Evil. Now, I tend to go a bit between spins, but when the itch hits I'm always instantly transported and wondering why I went so long without. CoE is the most nostaligic. The Stage is my favorite.

William Byerley

Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
When City of Evil, Nightmare, and The Stage came out, they were about all I listened to for a solid year each. Maybe 2-3 for City of Evil. Now, I tend to go a bit between spins, but when the itch hits I'm always instantly transported and wondering why I went so long without. CoE is the most nostaligic. The Stage is my favorite.
CoE is my personal fav than maybe WtF, and this probably because I only owned these 2 albums and played them in my car

Reactions: Ed Seith

Imactuallyadrummer

May 27, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
I still listen to Nightmare a lot, have since it came out 10 yrs ago. It’s kind of a bittersweet thing for me being a drummer who’s a really big fan of Portnoy. Dual purpose as I just got double kicks and am practising on the songs on Nightmare.

I also have been listening to the Stage in its entirety often, but nothing to do with the drums as I can’t even touch what Brooks does w a 10 ft pole :|

Daniel Sobota

Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I've gotta be honest, since I've played the band to DEATH over the last 10 years, I only really go back to Waking the Fallen and City of Evil (which are my favorites) and a few tracks from the other albums... I'm just ready for the new album, I want to hear what they've been up to. Plus, I listen to like 1000 other bands, and with new releases coming out all the time, I try to stay updated on what's going on. So I don't even have much time for listening to "classics" I guess.

c.rupp

Jul 31, 2020
Santee, California
Too much. Way too much.
I get what you mean when you say it's so personal. My mom introduced me to the band, told me that when I was little she would play Avenged, Coheed, Atreyu, etc. for me all the time.
When I first got the self-titled album, I listened to it front and back twice daily. (The Rev's vocals gave me chills every time.) Then, I got City of Evil and did the exact same.

Fatiha Zeghir

Nov 11, 2019
London
How I listen to them, as with any other artist, is a question of my mood. When I feel mad, want to break stuff I listen to them. But also when I am feeling low and need beauty. Because I find a lot of their music beautiful, in terms of lyrics and melodies.
I am to start learning guitar, so I have paid a lot more attention to their guitars and I appreciate songs differently now. For instance, I have a new found love for Natural Born Killer, which I found was ok, but now it's one of my favourites. And the Stage which at the beginning I thought was so completely different and didnt always engage me, now I find fascinating and inspiring. I love how their sound has evolved.

William Byerley

Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
I think a new album is on the way, we might get ambushed again like The Stage album. I think it was Matt who said it, he said something like " It takes time for people to take in the music " I was gonna post more but I lost my train of thought. :(

Reactions: c.rupp