How to deal with keeping the Floyd Rose guitar in tunepast the 12 fret?

Benjamin Bencik

Nov 11, 2019
I tend to record for fun in my free time and I really hate it when I basically put my guitar track (raw file) and place it in the program with a backing track and then I could just hear that some tones are OFF the tune at some places like just little but It’s noticeable at least for me! It’s a huge bummer for me and I don’t know how to actually deal with this. I use the polytune3 and I just tune my guitar normally.

Noah Berends

Nov 11, 2019
Guitar Experience (years)
It sounds like your intonation is off. This is something you can do at home or have a guitar tech fix for pretty cheap.

Benjamin Bencik

Nov 11, 2019
I got it checked out and he said that that’s just the way guitars or at least floyd roses are (something like that) you can have perfect tuning from lets say 1 to 12 fret and then it falls of a bit after the 13th fret.

Jake Young

Nov 11, 2019
Probably best to learn to do it yourself..it takes a bit of time but its doable

Noah Berends

Nov 11, 2019
I have a Schecter with a Floyd Rose and I don’t have that issue.

Benjamin Bencik

Nov 11, 2019
I mean my harmonics are perfect right on every fret. But the god damn tone on let’s say 1st fret is not the same as it is on 13th one.

Ed Seith

Nov 11, 2019
Marana, AZ USA
Get a better tech. He is absolutely 100 dead-ass wrong about Floyd Rose trems. They have similar intonation adjustments as almost every other guitar, and they absolutely can be intonated correctly. Bring it to a more competent shop.

Tory Capman

Nov 11, 2019
Ed is right! You think the Almighty Synyster Gates (and countless others) would use a Floyd Rose if it wasn’t in tune!? Clearly your “guitar tech” must be a drummer😝