• Win! name syn's amp and win one free

BECOME A LEGEND LEARN MORE
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

I am 35, should I still develop my musical ear?

I am 35 should I still try to develop my ear towards recognizing notes

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does not matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Byerley

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Outworld
soundcloud.com
Your developing it already just by hearing yourself back playing your guitar. You can try to play along to some of your favorite songs with the basic chords by ear, for 1 way of practicing ( maybe sneak learning the power chord shape in and slide it around ) after trying yourself you can look up the answers on Ultimate-Guitar. corn (it's .com) It's a site where users contribute tabs and stuff related to guitar (best/oldest site) Probably like 5 minutes per session of ear focus is enough.
Someone posted an ear training app on this site, it got good reviews, might be something for you

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    1000% you should man! To me Ear Training is the most important thing you can develop as a player besides all of the guitar-centric techniques. When my hands fail me (which is often!) my ears remind me where I am 🤟

This should hopefully help you out:

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Nocturne

• Dec 1, 2019
    France
    Absolutely, yes. First of all you're never too old to improve on something. Secondly, you always develop your ear, even when you play or just listen to some music. It shouldn't even be a question, don't think about your age when it comes to a passion, go for it!

ari.mac

Legend
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Rick Beato has some good Youtube videos on the subject. I also use an app called Perfect Ear which is very good.

Practice identifying intervals by ear and try transcribing a few licks and riffs as a starting point.
    Thank you!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William Byerley

Nov 11, 2019
    Outworld
    soundcloud.com
    This helped my playing, I tried doing it a few years ago too, but kept messing up and losing track of where I was.
    Just did it a few months ago in one take almost (had to slide a bit into the right note a few times)

Reactions: ari.mac

ari.mac

Legend
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    This helped my playing, I tried doing it a few years ago too, but kept messing up and losing track of where I was.
    Just did it a few months ago in one take almost (had to slide a bit into the right note a few times)
    I'll check this out thanks!!!

Search over 1 MILLION titles!